Fairspell Meadow they once belonged to me
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
Cassiopeia has left the dark woods. He felt it when she did, and he had been quick to follow. But not quick enough, it had seemed, as the distant snarls got louder and louder and the sudden crack of a skull hitting the ground struck a an ice cold blade within him. But upon the revelation that it was her standing over the victim and not vice-versa caused him to feel a sense of relief. That was, until the realization dawned upon him that she had just killed a man. A man with a pack behind him. The scent was clear, this was no disposable loner with no loyalties to his side, but someone that would have someone looking for him in places one was not meant to look. His stomach sinks silently, realizing that perhaps, he wishes that he would rather be looking at a scene that would have caused him heartbreak rather than fear in this situation. 

Vaati steps forward once, uncharacteristically calm but his body language reeks of something otherwise. "What have you done," His tone is dangerously low, as if he can't quite believe what he sees. Stupid, stupid girl. He should never have set her free. He should not have trusted her to stay within the shadows as she was meant to, as he had made it clear she was never allowed to go beyond. And yet the first thing she had done was exactly that, and oh, he loathes her for it. The Silencer rushes towards the stranger who appears to be just beyond a year old, checking willfully that he is still breathing. The woods could not afford this now, not with the threat of the Cerberus and whoever was to come for what they did to the fire-kissed woman. Vaati is quick to panic, hearing his heartbeat ring in his ears as he struggles to think of what to do. He has never had the task of cleaning up the incident before, and never thought he would have had to, but he knows quite simply that the consequences of Cassiopeia's actions are great. Should this stranger's packmates discover what had happened, or who exactly had done it.... Vaati shudders silently, knowing that the outcome would be more terrifying than the fear he already feels in regards to what he sees before him.

Vaati entertains the idea of simply dragging him off. There seemed to be no other viable option. Waiting around for the other to get up, focus and perhaps threaten him into never repeating what had occurred seemed all too risky, standing around with him the open was certianly dangerous enough and killing him left a trail full of questions and even more consequences. In his frustration, Vaati turns to the girl who had failed with new eyes; optics filled with a hatred he had never felt towards her before. Nor had he ever thought he would, not even in her defiance. "You will pay for this, we all will." His tone holds a deathly warning within, blamed half on her and half on him for failing to do what he was meant to: to keep his home safe, even from her and her idiotic choices. But he does not leave time for an explanation before gripping one of the stranger's ankles in his teeth and tugging in the direction of Blackfeather Woods, indicating for the girl to do the same. They could only get so far before the other starts to protest.
for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
Messages In This Thread
they once belonged to me - by Cassiopeia - October 28, 2017, 06:52 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 28, 2017, 07:22 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Cassiopeia - October 28, 2017, 07:31 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 28, 2017, 07:42 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Cassiopeia - October 28, 2017, 07:49 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 28, 2017, 08:00 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Vaati - October 28, 2017, 08:42 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Cassiopeia - October 28, 2017, 09:13 PM
RE: they once belonged to me - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 30, 2017, 12:01 AM