Moonspear I've been thinking too much
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
The topic of their conversation shifts to training as Hydra invites him to tell her what he knows of fighting and Drogon who is much more accustomed to showcasing his battle prowess struggles with the concept of talking about it. He’s learned a lot from picking fights and instigating friendly spars with other loners. He’s “won” his fair share ( probably out of dumb luck or their pity on him as he was a child ) and he’s lost a few. Once upon a time he thought that losing was the worst thing to happen but now that he’s older and wiser he realizes that there’s a lesson to be learned in each spar lost. It brings to front his mistakes and thus makes him a better fighter for it. “I’ve mastered the basics and I’ve picked up a few tricks along the way, some of them dirtier than others.” Drogon can’t help but grin cheekily at that, but the truth remains: not every fight will be fought fairly and having some dirty tricks to fall back on never hurt. You didn’t bring a knife to a gun fight without a gun hidden on your person just in case.

Drogon knows he has a long way to go yet, that just because he’s earned his warrior specialty doesn’t mean it’s over. He’s got his eye on that mastery, after all, and to earn that he was going to have to keep pushing himself harder. Making himself better because he’s learned to acknowledge that there was always room for improvement ( though it was easy to let his ego get the better of him from time to time ). “The benefit of sparring with total strangers: they don’t usually hold back and can teach you things without even meaning to.” And Drogon …he had a particular talent for digging beneath the skin. He’s fairly skilled ( most of the time ) at judging where to cut to get what he wants and usually when he’s got a lot of pent up energy or feelings he seeks release and to work through it in the art of sparring. Drogon isn’t sure if he’s given her what she sought to know but he offers it up nonetheless with a easy grin and slightly sheepish slope of his broad shoulders.
Messages In This Thread
I've been thinking too much - by Hydra - November 06, 2017, 10:44 AM
RE: I've been thinking too much - by RIP Wintersbane - November 07, 2017, 04:24 AM
RE: I've been thinking too much - by Hydra - November 07, 2017, 11:47 AM
RE: I've been thinking too much - by RIP Wintersbane - November 08, 2017, 07:20 PM
RE: I've been thinking too much - by Hydra - November 21, 2017, 03:05 PM
RE: I've been thinking too much - by RIP Wintersbane - November 26, 2017, 11:42 AM
RE: I've been thinking too much - by Hydra - December 05, 2017, 11:53 AM
RE: I've been thinking too much - by RIP Wintersbane - December 05, 2017, 04:32 PM