Thunder Dome don't blame me
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
All Welcome 
@Talion! @Seff, feel free to hop in as well! 
This thread is specifically set at Cantatis Cavern.
After some consideration, Freyja and Seff had decided that Porcupine Ride was not the place where they would stake their claim. With this decision finalized, the pair of wolves set forth northward to find a territory that suited all of their needs.

Ultimately, they decided that it would be best to spilt-up as they scouted the new region; Freyja climbed upwards towards the peak while @Seff ventured down towards the base of the dormant volcano. Eventually, they would meet again where they had split up that morning.

By the time that Freyja reached the top of Thunder Dome, the sun was beginning to fall. Though there were still a few hours left of daylight, Frejya made a mental note to keep track of the time as she wasn't the biggest fan of traveling at night. 

She had discovered an entrance to a spacious cave when she had arrived the top of the dome. Curious to know what was within it, Freyja slunk towards the entryway with her eyes trained on what little she made out.
they took the crown but it's alright
all the liars are calling me one
nobody's heard from me for months
i'm doing better than i ever was
69 Posts
Ooc —
Having settled to rest, tucked away in what he assumed to be a private paradise within the volcano, Talion slept fitfully. Within, he was sheltered from the elements and felt safe for the first time in weeks, curled up among the foliage and free to simply relax. He slumbered most of the morning and into the afternoon without concern, with every intention of rousing with just enough daylight to make his way safely down the mountain and into the valley once again.

He took his time waking, yawning widely as he unfurled and outstretched his forelimbs in a much-needed stretch. With a quick shake of his pelt, Talion stepped out of his hiding place and made his way toward the cavern entrance, though paused upon approach at the fresh scent of an unknown wolf.

He blinked, remaining solid in place as he awaited the appearance of another, periwinkle eyes trained on the mouth of the cave just ahead. A pale figure poked her snout within and, despite his anxiety around she-wolves, the first thing he noticed was how remarkably beautiful she was. Warm sunlight enveloped her sleek frame, setting her aglow, and the boy found himself unable to look away.

"Hello," he called out gently, finally, a sway of his peppered tail accompanying the soft greeting he offered.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Upon further investigation, Freyja found that she was not alone. She halted her advance when she discovered the pair of eyes that stared back her. She bristled and watched the other yearling as her nose went to work to decipher his scent from the territory's. She quickly realized that this wolf was like her; he held no affiliation to any pack. 

Freyja flattened her ears suddenly as she wondered if she had stumbled rather rudely on an area that he had claimed. Quickly, she stumbled back to give him some space. He spoke as she moved and promptly resolved her initial fear; he seemed kind enough and was not acting territorial. She relaxed and shot a smile in his direction, thankful that she had run into somebody that was kind enough to extend a greeting to somebody they had never met.  

"Hello," Freyja returned, "Is this your place?" As she spoke, she motioned to the territory that encompassed him and stood a little taller.
69 Posts
Ooc —
It's so good to write with you again.  :D

The she-wolf stepped back as Talion greeted her, perhaps on edge at realization that an unexpected stranger was gawking at her, and the boy lowered his gaze at once. His uncertainty of females thrummed to life, pricking at the back of his crown until his guard hairs rose to attention, and he pressed his obsidian ears back against his dipped head to show that he held no intention of harming her.

She did not turn away entirely, instead remaining in place at the cavern entrance and offering a pleasant 'hello' in return, which roused the boy's confidence once more. Blue eyes tentatively sought the other yearling's pallid features to find a bright smile tugging the corners of her mouth upward, and his tail swished to life again. "No," he told her simply, "I rested here for a while. Was just on my way out to head down into the valley again."
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
I 100% agree! :D It's been waaaaaaaay too long.

Freyja nodded the information she was given, visibly interested in what he said. Though it was none of her business, she asked, "Where are you heading from here?" She wanted to know more about this stranger she happened upon, especially since he showed no threat to her. It was nice talking to somebody new. 

Waiting patiently, Freyja looked at him with a smile while her tail waved slowly at her ankles.
69 Posts
Ooc —
She lingered, and looked upon him with intrigue. Talion met her gaze then, and studied the colour of her lovely eyes for a moment: liquid bronze, the heat of the irises contrasting the frost and pewter of her pelt. She was a lovely thing, pretty but strong, and the boy had been enraptured at once.

Her most attractive quality, however, was that she was pleasant to him. Talion took a step forward, closer to the pallid wolfess, and tentatively reached out his muzzle to test the air around her. She did not smell of the nearby pack lands he'd come across, which led him to believe that she perhaps travelled as he did. "Looking for a pack to join," he told her, rolling a shoulder; "someone told me there had been one just south of here, but it seems to have vacated its territory."

He refrained from telling her that he'd actively avoided all the others until recently, for fear that she'd see him for what he truly was: a coward. Unsure as to why, the peppered yearling felt as though he needed to make an impression before this other loner, that she'd be important to him somehow.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Freyja smiled knowingly as her suspicions were confirmed. Interestingly enough, confirmation was not all that the stranger provided. Freyja's looked over her shoulder as he mentioned a vacant territory to the south, her gaze scrutinizing as her eyes surveyed the land below them.

"It's huge," she remarked once she turned to him again, her expression thoughtful as she contemplated the sanity of whoever had claimed such a vast territory.  "Do you have any information on who used to live there?"
69 Posts
Ooc —
Trying to be vague re: NSV since that thread with Chusi will probably be slow.

He braved another step, inching tentatively closer to the pale wolfess. When she did not shy away from his approach, Talion broadened his careful stride until she was mere feet from him, when he paused and mustered a small smile to accompany the gentle wagging of his feathery platinum tail.

His frosty gaze followed her own, glancing out over her shoulder at the vast territory that lay before them. "Not really," he shook his head, " the leader was young, ages with us perhaps." The pewter girl still held clear signs of youth: long-legged, tufted fur and a certain brightness in her fiery eyes. "A dark-furred female. I met her within the mountains beyond the vale, on the other side."

His expression softens as he looks her way again, hinting at a silent apology for being unable to provide the information she requested. Truthfully, he'd been unable to overlook his anxiety in the presence of the yearling Alphess in the bright cavern that day, and Talion only took from her what he wished to hear. "What is your name? I am Talion."
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
No worries!

For now, Freyja was comfortable with Talion's nearness. She acknowledged both his proximity and friendliness with a smile of her own. 

When it came to business, Freyja listened intently as she absorbed the information. Eventually, after a brief pause of contemplation, she remarked, "Interesting." There was not much to comment upon, and she did not feel the need to elaborate. 

When Talion introduced himself, Freyja waved her tail and gave him a once-over, as if committing the name to his overall appearance. "It's nice to meet you, Talion. I'm Freyja," she replied. 

Curious to know what was next for the stranger, she questioned, "Do you think you're going to rough it out alone for the Winter? Or are you looking to join a nearby pack?" 
69 Posts
Ooc —
Freyja. Her name was Freyja. 

She asked something of him following their exchange, and the boy blinked thoughtfully. Uncertainty had clouded his mind on the matter since being forced from Astarte Strand and he'd struggled from time to time. His doubt that he could survive entirely on his own remained, even though he often enjoyed his own company. The pessimist in him feared that he'd die alone, however, which had probably been the reason why he'd lingered so pitifully on the outskirts of his birthplace.

"Uh," the sterling yearling stammered, then collected his words: "I'd rather find a pack, but haven't come across the right one. Feels like I've been all over that side," he briefly gestured toward the Eastern valley, "so I'll probably head West and see what's out there." Talion smiled again, somewhat sheepishly. He hadn't really thought that far ahead, for his only plan was to get out of the mountains and figured he would sort out his mental plan down there. "What of you?"
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Freyja was all too familiar with the difficulty of finding the "right" place to settle. It was why she had initially set off from Silver Creek and presently was a driving force behind her motivation to create a pack of her own. 

"I don't want to be a loner during the Winter," she admitted once Talion inquired of her plans, "But, I refuse to bow to those that don't deserve it." Heda's leadership had spoiled Freyja, and she had yet to find as strong of a leader as Drageda's. "So, I'm looking for somewhere to claim." She smiled. It felt good to admit her intentions to somebody that wasn't her mate. 

"The areas that I have come across so far have been less than ideal," she shrugged, knowing that the early bird got the worm and that she was late to the chase. "But, then again, I have high standards for what I'm looking for," she confessed light-heartedly, well aware of how ridiculous her expectations were at times.
69 Posts
Ooc —
He nodded, pretending to understand what the pallid wolfess meant by refusing to bow to those who didn't deserve it. While Talion longed to live his life peacefully, among ranks where he could be appreciated, he was fully aware that desperate times called for desperate measures. He tried not to judge her, but found himself concerned that her pride may betray her will to survive.

Freyja pressed on, noting that she had yet to find somewhere suitable to place her claim. Immediately he racked his mind for the places he'd passed through on his travels, but nothing in particular had been of note. The valley to the East seemed heavily populated, and with the Vale disbanding he wondered if resources were slim within the mountains.

"What are you looking for?" Talion asked, and bowed his ears a little as he included, "if you dont mind sharing. Maybe we could... I dunno, help each other?"
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
When Freyja was asked about her ambitions and offered a possible alliance, she took a moment to take a observe the man with a careful eye. She was at a point in her recruitment where she could afford to be picky with those she aligned herself with. In time, she found nothing blatantly wrong with Talion; he was young, eager, and handsome and all of these attributes were aspects that tickled the aspiring Alpha's fancy. 

"I think an alliance would work well between us, but only if you intend to stick around and see it through," Freyja agreed, feeling all the more comfortable with disclosing her plans with the man she had just met now that she had come to her decisions. "I'm looking for an area that is easy to protect and suitable for cubs. My season will come soon, and I want to be ready."  She paused then, wondering what he would make of the information.
69 Posts
Ooc —
They transitioned smoothly into talk of business, and Talion listened intently. Butterflies roused in his abdomen, excitement brimming at the possibility of finally sourcing an ideal pack to commit to. He maintained a professional appearance, expression cool and eyes glimmering with interest as he focused on what Freyja had to say, though the automatic to-and-fro sway of his feathery tail unknowingly betrayed his toughened exterior.

"I don't plan on going anywhere," he said, and the pewter beauty pressed on to disclose that she was looking for an area that provided good defence, and safe for pups. It was at this point that Talion's heart sank, his immediate thought that although his lovely new acquaintance was yet to discover her dream home, she'd found a suitor to sire her brood. He didn't know why he was so disappointed considering he'd literally just met her, so feigned his contentment and mentally shrugged his emotions aside. Seeking a mate was not on his list of immediate priorities, Talion reminded himself.

"I'd suggest perhaps looking for land at the base of the mountains," he offered, "to provide protection from the elements on one side, and the option of higher ground and shelter in the caves if required?" It would be his personal choice, and so figured it might be worth mentioning since the alabaster wolfess had already stated she'd been struggling to find a territory that met her requirements.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Freyja nodded, satisfied with the vow that Talion had made. Time would only tell whether or not he would keep his promise and if the latter occurred, Freyja would make sure that he regretted his actions. 

Talion went on to elaborate his ideas, and Freyja listened keenly. "I think that's a great idea," she replied as she fixed the man with a look of approval. Though she initially had wanted to stray from mountains, she had not considered the protection they provided, and she felt it was worth scouting. "Have you seen any territories like this nearby?" she wondered then, knowing that she and Seff had yet to come across anything like it.
69 Posts
Ooc —
His suggestion was met with approval, and the corners of his mouth tugged upward in a smile. It was exactly what he'd dreamed of: a quiet woodland, secluded and safe from the world that had failed him. Talion's bright eyes lingered on the fine features of his to-be leader, eager to hear what the next step in their journey of finding their home would be.

Instead of guiding him, Freyja asked for his opinion. Surprised that she seemed genuinely interested in what he had to say, the sterling yearling twitched his nose and thought back to his wanderings through the Teekon. Nowhere he'd been was particularly noteworthy, however, though he supposed it might be worthwhile checking out the Emberwood in the daytime. He promptly changed his mind, recalling the ghostly creature he'd seen within its trees, with the ivory fur and obsidian eyes. Crossing paths with her again was not something he wanted to do anytime soon.

"No," he said somewhat sadly, for he was loathe to disappoint her. "We could scout around areas you haven't checked out though, see what's around?"

He spent some time with her there at the cavern, discussing her intentions and finding himself oddly relaxed. When the time comes to move on, Freyja and Talion decide to part ways and scout the nearby territory in search of her perfect paradise. "We'll at the Vale in five days' time," they agree, and Talion headed West at his potential new Alphess' request to begin his scouting mission.