Redhawk Caldera My independence seems to vanish in the haze
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Despite the pinch of Titmouse's teeth on his shoulder, Elwood allowed his momentum to continue to carry him forward. The end result was what he desired: Titmouse lost his balance and was bowled over easily, unable to keep himself upright on his remaining uninjured legs. Elwood's forelegs splayed to keep himself from falling on top of the boy, and he found himself looking down into the frightened face of his nephew.

His lips remained taut around his teeth, but Elwood relaxed ever so slightly. He kept his guard up, though, just in case Titmouse surprised him with another physical response. "Titmouse," he said sternly, and then repeated himself. "That's enough."

Although the youth was curled beneath him, protecting his throat and cradling his damaged leg, Elwood stayed in his current position -- essentially straddling him -- in order to communicate that Titmouse wasn't to make any sudden movements. He was willing to give him another chance, but only because he was a Redhawk; he was family. "I'm sorry about your friend. I couldn't let her stay here if she's from Blackfeather, though. I trust you, but I can't trust her. You can stay -- we can have Raven look at your leg. Tell me what happened, and start at the beginning," he said, speaking firmly and slowly and hoping that Titmouse would listen and oblige.
Messages In This Thread
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 11, 2017, 10:59 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 15, 2017, 10:11 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 21, 2017, 10:18 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 27, 2017, 08:05 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 27, 2017, 09:52 PM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 28, 2017, 08:32 AM
RE: My independence seems to vanish in the haze - by Elwood - November 28, 2017, 08:37 PM