Redhawk Caldera i fell heavy into your arms.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
The sharpness in Finley's tone wasn't completely unfamiliar to Elwood, but it was still enough in that moment to snap him out of his funk. Wallowing and dwelling would do them no good at this point, and wishing that things were different wouldn't change a thing. In a rare role reversal of sorts, Finley told him to suck it up in not so many words and began to lay out their plans logically and thoughtfully.

If the situation hadn't been so dire, he might've taken a moment to marvel at how level-headed she sounded. Of course, this did involve the safety and welfare of her family -- so of course she would be taking it all very seriously. Elwood inhaled, filling his lungs with air and focusing his mind on what had to be done. He nodded as she detailed each option as to where their children and their caretakers could seek refuge. A lot of their pathways were blocked, but there were still a few routes they could feasibly take.

"North," he agreed, envisioning what little he knew of the Teekon Wilds in his mind. "Neverwinter Forest, maybe, if there's no one there. And that's on the way to the coast, so they could continue on to Drageda if it's necessary," he said, meeting Finley's gaze to gauge her opinion.
Messages In This Thread
i fell heavy into your arms. - by Finley - November 30, 2017, 06:26 PM
RE: i fell heavy into your arms. - by Elwood - December 13, 2017, 12:53 PM
RE: i fell heavy into your arms. - by Finley - December 15, 2017, 06:30 PM
RE: i fell heavy into your arms. - by Elwood - December 19, 2017, 08:36 AM
RE: i fell heavy into your arms. - by Finley - December 19, 2017, 07:14 PM
RE: i fell heavy into your arms. - by Elwood - December 19, 2017, 10:16 PM
RE: i fell heavy into your arms. - by Finley - December 20, 2017, 01:37 PM
RE: i fell heavy into your arms. - by Elwood - December 27, 2017, 10:16 PM
RE: i fell heavy into your arms. - by Finley - January 06, 2018, 06:19 PM
RE: i fell heavy into your arms. - by Elwood - January 07, 2018, 08:55 PM