Bearclaw Valley what if we rewrite the stars?
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Her call bounced through the narrow cavity and vanished within the walls of the Valley, hopefully, to find the ears of the one she sought. She could do nothing more now but wait and, well, she'd done that for seasons already - she could do that a little while longer. So Nanook sat back and remained with head tilted skyward, gaze drifting across the fortress and taking in the deep shadows of the clefts. She couldn't understand why Xan would want to live here again. The place carried too much familiarity - too much baggage - for her to live anywhere closer than the neighbouring Easthollow - but maybe he was different.

Distracted by her thoughts, she only noticed Xan's appearance when he spoke. Nanook flinched with a start and dropped her copper gaze on him, before she dropped the tip of her muzzle to follow. She blinked, quiet a moment. Then, "salutitsinik," she returned, and reality finally sunk in place. Xan. After so many years of pining for their family to reunite - here he was, not a phantom or a ghost. Her brother. A careful smile haunted the corners of her mouth. She knew nothing about this man who stood before her now, hardly even his face - and she wondered if he felt the same, looking back upon her too. But that hardly mattered. He was still and always Xan, and years apart wouldn't stop him from being what he was to her, and what he would always be - "anik."

And for once she found herself so full of words, so filled with questions, yet just as speechless as he.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
what if we rewrite the stars? - by Nanook - December 29, 2017, 06:59 PM
RE: what if we rewrite the stars? - by Xan - January 01, 2018, 04:35 AM
RE: what if we rewrite the stars? - by Nanook - January 06, 2018, 11:56 PM
RE: what if we rewrite the stars? - by Xan - January 17, 2018, 03:53 PM
RE: what if we rewrite the stars? - by Nanook - February 04, 2018, 10:09 AM
RE: what if we rewrite the stars? - by Xan - February 05, 2018, 01:24 AM