Ankyra Sound i'm gonna buckle my knees, and i'm gonna lock them up tight
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram proffered the round stone to arrille, pushing it across the sand with his nose. when he lifted his snout, a powdering of sand still stuck to his damp muzzle. he offered arrille a grin and his brows rose as he looked from the pebble to his friend.

"ok - this is a thing my mum told me my dad used to do." he instructed, nosing the pebble once more for arrille to pick up. "think for a moment about what's troubling you, and hold that stone tight in your mouth like, okay? and then, follow me --" he turned, picked up his own sea-warped pebble, and trotted towards the beach. he scrambled onto one of the ancient rock stacks that punctured the water and waited for arrille to climb alongside him. once arrille did ingram took two bold steps towards the edge of the rocky outcropping and swung his muzzle back and tossed the stone as far as his jaws could manage.

he watched noncommittally as the stone plunked along the sea surface, caused a froth of foam around it, and sunk forever out of sight. "drowning your troubles in the sea. that there's what's bothering you and now it's at the bottom of the ocean. healthy, right?"
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i'm gonna buckle my knees, and i'm gonna lock them up tight - by Ingram Sr - January 15, 2018, 02:11 PM