Stone Circle Everything I regret but you're not one.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
She sobbed and the heart-wrenching sound dropped in his stomach like a stone laden with guilt. His brain was rushing with various possibilities and he almost felt a wave of panic that perhaps he had done something wrong, perhaps he had messed up - the uncertainty only cursed him more. The man had never done this before, never had a wife or a family or a real home and so he had no clue what to do. He had never had to deal with anything like this, and his brows furrowed with concern. Along with his lack of knowledge on this particular feat of life, he had never cared for a woman as much as he had Cebra - had never been able to feel sparks igniting within his chest at the very sight of the beautiful wolfess who carried herself with so much grace. The gleam in her bright eyes, the butterflies he felt within his stomach every time he gazed at her, and the tingles that shot down his spine and left a fuzzy warm feeling whenever they touched. He loved her, and to see her in such distress broke his heart. 

To further spread the guilt flicking in sharp bursts against his body, her words made him squint his eyes, pressing closer against her and burying his muzzle into the crook of her neck. Taking a deep breath and pulling back ever so slightly to lock eyes with Illecebra, the words rang true from deep within his chest. "Shhh, hey, it's okay. You're okay. Everything is okay, alright? It isn't your fault. You may be their mother but I am their father and I failed to notice what was happening as well. You cannot be everywhere all at once. What matters now is that they are safe, all of them, and none of them are angry at you. You know why? Because it wasn't your fault." Mawk placed another gentle lick at her cheek.

But her additional words caused his frown to deepen, and he allowed a soft (yet not at all enraged) sigh fall from his lips. So he had done wrong, yes? He had failed again. So caught up in his work, tirelessly patrolling and hunting and moving, so endlessly - he had failed to recognise that he should be beside his mate, spending every moment he could ensuring she was well. His mate, too, confirmed that Rowana hadn't yet been to see her. The male assumed it was her desire to rest that was the reasoning for this. Again, he spoke, just as soft as before. "No, no, I'm sorry. I should have remained with you for longer. That's my fault. Rowana was meant to come and see you - I promise you this. We were going to surprise you because we thought that it would be a magical sight to see when you landed eyes on the fiesty girl, but I assume she was in need of rest, that's all. It must have been tiring travelling so much. She does love you - as do I. I'm sorry, I should have told you the moment she returned." There he paused, tail swaying behind him as he gazed into the vibrant yellow eyes he had fallen so deeply for. "Cebra, I want to spend the rest of the day, the rest of the night, with you. I have done enough work - I want to make it up to you, and I just want to lay by your side and watch the sun fall. Watch the stars twinkle. Can we do that? Just us? We need some time together, I want some time for us. I could think of no better place than beside you - my only wish for tonight is to be by your side. Is that a possibility?" It was true, he wanted nothing else than to be able to lay and watch above, shocked with bright colours as the sun made its descend and the moon took hold of the sky. And the only one he wanted to do this with was Cebra. His wife. His only love, now and forever.
Messages In This Thread
Everything I regret but you're not one. - by Illecebra - January 19, 2018, 08:21 AM
RE: Everything I regret but you're not one. - by Mawk - January 19, 2018, 12:37 PM
RE: Everything I regret but you're not one. - by Illecebra - January 19, 2018, 02:56 PM
RE: Everything I regret but you're not one. - by Mawk - January 19, 2018, 05:21 PM
RE: Everything I regret but you're not one. - by Illecebra - January 19, 2018, 06:48 PM
RE: Everything I regret but you're not one. - by Mawk - January 20, 2018, 07:40 AM
RE: Everything I regret but you're not one. - by Illecebra - January 20, 2018, 07:03 PM
RE: Everything I regret but you're not one. - by Mawk - February 03, 2018, 09:09 AM
RE: Everything I regret but you're not one. - by Illecebra - February 05, 2018, 02:36 AM
RE: Everything I regret but you're not one. - by Mawk - February 11, 2018, 06:44 PM
RE: Everything I regret but you're not one. - by Illecebra - February 14, 2018, 03:31 PM
RE: Everything I regret but you're not one. - by Mawk - February 24, 2018, 09:00 PM
RE: Everything I regret but you're not one. - by Illecebra - February 24, 2018, 09:23 PM
RE: Everything I regret but you're not one. - by Mawk - March 13, 2018, 12:30 PM