Stone Circle sing to me all the song of the stars
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Though she couldn't guess the thoughts that roamed through the sun-kissed boy, nor whether his silence stemmed from disinterest or wonder, he stayed in her company, and that alone gave her assurance he didn't mind her. And that was enough for her. Nanook watched skyward and let herself roam across the galaxies, touching from lone star to constellation until her gaze fell a little longer upon Polaris. The North Star glimmered as the brightest of the heavenlies tonight, her own constant guide when she had been struggling to remember herself.

Her companion's sudden shift broke her focus and she turned first to him, then to the backdrop of looming pillars he gestured toward. His words were many - a tight mess that brought the glimmer of a grin to her face. At least she wasn't the only one stumbling over words tonight.

"All I know is we call them the Stone Circle, and they've been standing there long before Des - " she caught herself - "ah, before Valette, found the pack." But his idea - the end of his rambling - she rose from his side and drew toward the stones. They loomed like a monster's claws, grasping at the sky, and she squinted to stare up the length of them. Like the stars... "Could they have fallen from the sky?" she turned to see what Larus thought. "I mean, I've seen stars running through the sky before. And I've heard they sometimes fall to the earth. Maybe that's what happened here."  But her ears slicked at the thought, for the idea seemed sorrowful, somehow, their striving toward the heavens. Like they pined for a home they would never touch again.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
sing to me all the song of the stars - by Nanook - January 20, 2018, 09:28 PM
RE: sing to me all the song of the stars - by Larus - January 21, 2018, 02:03 AM
RE: sing to me all the song of the stars - by Nanook - January 21, 2018, 11:59 AM
RE: sing to me all the song of the stars - by Larus - January 21, 2018, 02:15 PM
RE: sing to me all the song of the stars - by Nanook - January 23, 2018, 03:00 PM
RE: sing to me all the song of the stars - by Larus - January 28, 2018, 03:48 AM
RE: sing to me all the song of the stars - by Nanook - February 03, 2018, 08:32 PM
RE: sing to me all the song of the stars - by Larus - February 04, 2018, 05:36 PM
RE: sing to me all the song of the stars - by Nanook - February 13, 2018, 01:05 PM
RE: sing to me all the song of the stars - by Larus - February 13, 2018, 07:08 PM
RE: sing to me all the song of the stars - by Nanook - February 13, 2018, 07:31 PM
RE: sing to me all the song of the stars - by Larus - February 13, 2018, 07:54 PM
RE: sing to me all the song of the stars - by Nanook - February 13, 2018, 08:17 PM
RE: sing to me all the song of the stars - by Larus - February 13, 2018, 08:40 PM
RE: sing to me all the song of the stars - by Nanook - February 13, 2018, 09:08 PM
RE: sing to me all the song of the stars - by Larus - February 13, 2018, 10:10 PM