Emberwood i'm stuck in the sunshine riptide; dancing all alone in the morning light
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
He jumped down, and she took a couple steps back, flicking one ear in nervous response. The boy seemed friendly enough, though, opening his mouth to assure her he was fine and to inquire into her welfare. Her stomach chose this inopportune moment to grumble once more, and Lily glanced down, cheeks flushing warm with embarrassment.

"I'm a bit tired, yes," she admitted. Her orange eyes flashed as she rose her gaze to meet his once more, her voice growing snappier as she added, "Why would I tell you if I was alone or not? For all you know, I could have an army, lurking behind me." Her face belied her brusque tone, warm and open with humor.

"I'm Lily," she offered, a smile finally flitting over her face. Lily gave him a long look-over, trying to assess whether or not he was a threat. Friendly nature aside, he was small and trim for a male, and not very old himself--just a few moons older, she thought. She couldn't imagine him being a terror: with her limited life experience, she had never really met a dangerous wolf, in the first place.

Various smells cloaked his pelt, though, which meant he did not travel alone. Lily kept her eyes and ears open for any signs of his companions, watching nearby.