Bearclaw Valley now that i'm old, i breathe for it
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
she listened attentively as the cat spoke; the words seemingly genuine at first until they grew in their sarcastic measure. a cold pall came over indra and she eyed the cat with a strange dull stare.

perhaps it was the pain that roused indra. or the frustration having been cooped up. certainly it was not sweet indra that rose then but a different indra - colder, angrier -- an indra out of her mind and well out of her comfort zone.

she was tired of the meanness of the world. sick of the way wolves treated each other. her edges once soft were now calloused. her heart once open, was now closed.

she rose as quick as her injury let her and with a snarl fell upon the cat with her jaws parted and front legs splayed out to strike her. to push her back and to hurt her and to do to this stupid cat what so many people had done to her: steamroll right over her. "fuck you." she spat, her voice snarled by anger.

certainly kind little indra was kind no longer: in her place was an implacable, feral creature that indra both felt fear and delight to witness course through her.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Indra - January 23, 2018, 06:48 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Bhageera - January 27, 2018, 03:08 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Indra - January 27, 2018, 03:19 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Bhageera - January 27, 2018, 06:15 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Indra - January 28, 2018, 11:44 AM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Bhageera - January 30, 2018, 12:58 AM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Indra - January 30, 2018, 07:53 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Bhageera - February 02, 2018, 07:27 AM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Indra - February 03, 2018, 03:29 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Bhageera - February 04, 2018, 12:08 AM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Indra - February 04, 2018, 11:45 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Bhageera - February 08, 2018, 06:17 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i breathe for it - by Indra - February 11, 2018, 01:06 PM