Noctisardor Bypass is the rise of an eastern sun going to be good for everyone?
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
i wrote too much sorry and idk where im going w this lol ;_;

They had lost, yet the outcome had not be the least unexpected. The boy king had known well in advance that their best bet had been to flee prior to the war, but there would have been no fun in running, No blood would have been split by packing their bags and departing the dark woods in favour of security.

No, Blackfeather Woods had been given something to fight for, something they had not had in a long time. They had experienced something that would shake them to reality, something that they had been shielded from behind their curtains of shadows and secrecy. It is something that he would utilize in the aftermath of their defeat to further gain control of the population he would now be ruling by totalitarianism force: fear. Fear of the knowledge that they no longer held dominion over the Teekon Wilds; that they were reduced to nothing in seconds and it could happen again, if Vaati so wished it. They would see in time that their only hope for survival is he, and only by his will would he allow them to live as freely as he has. Blackfeather Woods will bend to his will, and in his image will they grow to the expectations he has set before them. They just don’t know it yet. Iliksis’s challenging call is met with a crooked grin, malevolent and cunning as he waltzes forth towards the beckoning sound. It had begun.

He takes a deep breath, the inward motion producing a sharp hiss as the glints of pearly-white canines flash from a short way away. It had been expected, the inevitable internal turmoil despite their loss or win; the fact that it is the man he categorized as a wildcard to do is is only comical. Iliksis, accompanied by his uncle, await him in the near distance and Vaati pauses only briefly to summon his Listener, Kove, as well as the rest of Blackfeather Woods that is scattered about the general vicinity. They are due for a marvellous spectacle; a show they do not want to miss.

Vaati is silent as the bulk of his frame churns beneath his slautnering form, tense as his hackles instinctively raise and he confronts the duo head on, unwavering in his footsteps. "Do you feel you can do better after so little time among those you know nothing off? I thought you were smarter than that." He shakes his head sardonically, a low chuckle released from his belly that he does not reek of anything remotely humorous.

“You want to kill me because you think we have lost.”

“This means nothing, but bids us time to grow stronger and without suspicion. We will return to Blackfeather Woods only when Redhawk and Drageda are wholly blinded by their victory and suspect nothing of us. That is when we snatch their children from their beds and kill the rest." From the moment Caiaphas produced her knowledge of the tunnels that wove beneath their feet, it has been his plan all along. Perhaps the offer had expired upon their refusal, but inevitably Drageda would be run from their home on the coast, and the two-toned female would accept the graciousness of their actions.

A lethal snarl develops on his tongue, audible in his clear agitation that the insinuation he will do nothing about it presents. "We will do this however many times it takes us to see them dead." It is a promise, bound and blood and fury, pledged to whom they had lost to enemy forces. His command should be audible enough to those who linger about the premise. They will know that this is not over, that no matter how many attempts it takes them, Redhawk Caldera and Drageda will burn for what they have done. The war is not lost, not while Blackfeather still lives. Perhaps that had been their mistake, to not see the job through. It might have been their best bet to simply kill every last scavenger that reeked of Blackfeather scent, but foolishly for them, they had not. Perhaps in that same interest, those of Blackfeather had been given a second chance, a chance at order unlike they had accepted before.

However, that did not account for all within its former walls. With accusative eyes does he snap to the deviant, pacing yet another step forward. “But you….”

"Do not be so certain of yourself. I will kill you. I will hunt you down and watch you bleed beneath my feet. I will rip your head off your shoulders and mount it upon my borders, and then do the same to him, if this is what you choose.” Vaati will have loyalty, or he will have nobody at all. The other may choose to fight him, but he will lose, and he will be killed. A pity it would be, for there is yet promise within his eyes, but Vaati would not hesitate to sic the entirety of Blackfeather Woods upon them up and down the Teekon, if need be. However on some level, perhaps he sympathizes with the other -- the hurt and anger at the presumed loss is undoubtedly the cause of this opposition and Vaati cannot help but to agree. They should be angry -- angry at themselves for not doing better. Of course he does not say so, that would only set him off even further, But to get through to the other on a mutual understanding would not only save Vaati the trouble of crushing the other’s skull, but benefit the pack in the long run. By offering something that would satisfy Iliksis’s need for vengeance and ensure that him and his uncle would work solely for Vaati and not on their own merit.

“But I am a generous leader. You and your uncle, there are things I will need you to do. Things I feel will serve as a reward to you rather than a punishment for stupidly believing you could ever rule my land, my family, those who would never follow you. I will give you the blood you want, the victims you will want to draw it from, but it won’t be me.”

He pauses, his glance flickering between the man and his uncle, searching for any indication they will either deliver their death sentence or save themselves and find satisfaction in what Vaati can offer them; either way suits him. “Does my mercy suit you, or does it not?" The yearling draws his head back, eyes cast downwards upon the duo with a desolate glare. Oh, he will happily run him off --  to allow the blood to be spilt he knows Blackfeather Woods yearns for in the aftermath of their defeat. Vaati himself is hungry, hardened by the haunt of death the liberation of his worries. The Dark Master leans in, desolate optics unwavering from his point of focus, boring into the defiant pair of the tyro's. “Choose wisely, for as you may not know it yet, Blackfeather Woods is not so forgiving.” In the event he should succeed and rip the crown from Vaati’s head, there will be others to oppose him, those who will not stand for an outsider acting as the matriarch of a crime family spanning generations. In such a situation, Vaati’s present confidence would be characterized as foolish, however, not this time. This time, he would have is way regardless who stood to oppose him as others had before.
for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
Messages In This Thread
RE: is the rise of an eastern sun going to be good for everyone? - by Vaati - January 29, 2018, 12:20 AM