Bearclaw Valley and i will rejoice, and be glad for it
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra's agitated circling ceased as xan came into view. she took a moment to assess him, gaze flicking about as if half expecting that wretched companion of his to appear any moment. when she didn't, indra took tentative steps towards him.

she was still well aware of the confusing nature of their last interaction, so she concealed her shame by rousing her anger. she reminded herself that laurel had been threatened, and an inhospitable, adamantine glint appeared in her gaze as her features hardened. she had yet to know of xan's coupling with her sister, but she assumed on some basal level he cared for her at least a fraction as much as he cared for the insensate hound that sorrowed the border with her presence.

"that - that heifer that you like." she strode towards him, her lips set in a thin line of heated displeasure. it still rankled her to think of the mute wolf's outright audacity -- how dare she stare down laurel, or attempt to defile the natural convention of ranks. indra knew if the other wolf (who looked suspiciously like that miserable dog) and sif had not appeared, the redleaf girls would have torn her then and there into blood ribbons. "she threatened laurel!" she paused to assess his reaction: if it was not instantly crestfallen and concerned for her sister and not that wretched wolf, she would be even more apopleptic. "we were at the borders and she came down from her rock and challenged laurel! she needs to be put in her place. she's unpredictable and dangerous! it's winter, several of our members are already hurt -- we could have been hurt!" indra's voice fell at the last statement, and she twisted her tone in such a way that implied that the two girls feared for their life around the unhinged creature. indra herself had no fear of the brute, but laurel had shown her one thing in the world: find your enemy's weakness, and use it. indra knew xan felt that she was someone feeble, that she was soft and shelless and fragile -- she resented that impression, but it was an impression nonetheless -- and she would hedge as much as she could into aggrandizing that impression if it meant that reigi would be punished for her insubordination.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
and i will rejoice, and be glad for it - by Indra - February 17, 2018, 12:22 AM
RE: and i will rejoice, and be glad for it - by Xan - February 17, 2018, 01:45 AM
RE: and i will rejoice, and be glad for it - by Indra - February 17, 2018, 12:01 PM
RE: and i will rejoice, and be glad for it - by Xan - February 17, 2018, 07:17 PM
RE: and i will rejoice, and be glad for it - by Indra - February 17, 2018, 07:51 PM
RE: and i will rejoice, and be glad for it - by Xan - February 19, 2018, 12:36 AM
RE: and i will rejoice, and be glad for it - by Indra - February 23, 2018, 06:56 PM
RE: and i will rejoice, and be glad for it - by Xan - February 25, 2018, 10:43 PM
RE: and i will rejoice, and be glad for it - by Indra - February 26, 2018, 09:47 PM