Bearclaw Valley and i will rejoice, and be glad for it
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra knew the news she delivered would be received roughly -- she stiffened as she saw his hackles bristle, a rightful scowl clouding her features. was he worried for the nameless wolf more than laurel? indra simmered as she envisioned that was the case -- had she known in only a few short days xan would descend upon laurel and the two would share a clandestine tryst in the snow, perhaps her opinion of him would be different.

but she didn't know. she had no way of knowing.

indra also did not know the tawny woman's name, nor how to address her -- which resulted in some colorful nicknames in her mind devised for the wretch that habituated the boulders. "laurel and i were leaving and as we walked by, she sighed exasperatedly at us." indra recited, still feeling heat come off of her face as she recalled the tense situation at the borders. in truth indra found the woman's odd refusal to obey societal norms and hierarchy strange - she had not postured in deferral to laurel's superior status, which when one looks at the situation from an examination standpoint, had been what started it all. had the female an ounce of common sense or an ounce of social awareness, she would have realized how refusing to defer in the presence of a superior was a catalyst to any hierarchal dispute.

"laurel heard the noise and turned around and asked her what her problem was, and she slipped down off the rock and stalked towards her as if she were dominant over us. her tail, ears, everything higher than mine and laurel's in gross insubordination.. and she growled at laurel, showing her teeth." indra's breaths came in outraged and shaky gasps. "she showed her teeth!" she repeated, as if still stunned by the woman's chutzpah. "we're packmates and she threatened us for no reason at all. she should have minded her station, submitted, and nothing would have happened. instead she came at us, and so did that other wolf that looks like her - i've never met him before and he threatened us. he bared his teeth at both of us as if we were the ones in the wrong. we weren't. no packmate would ever support another wolf's insubordination that way - he is no packmate of mine." she paused for a moment, taking in a deep breath as she reflected on laurel's or the other wolf's injuries. she shrugged her shoulder - she did not give a single whit if that other wolf was injured. it was not her problem, she was not her sister, and she was certainly not a packmate indra trusted or respected any longer. "i'll get blondine. this shouldn't have happened... to disrespect your packmates like that... what happens when she does it to you?" she looked at xan then, as if accusing him of harboring such an unstable wretch in their midst.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
and i will rejoice, and be glad for it - by Indra - February 17, 2018, 12:22 AM
RE: and i will rejoice, and be glad for it - by Xan - February 17, 2018, 01:45 AM
RE: and i will rejoice, and be glad for it - by Indra - February 17, 2018, 12:01 PM
RE: and i will rejoice, and be glad for it - by Xan - February 17, 2018, 07:17 PM
RE: and i will rejoice, and be glad for it - by Indra - February 17, 2018, 07:51 PM
RE: and i will rejoice, and be glad for it - by Xan - February 19, 2018, 12:36 AM
RE: and i will rejoice, and be glad for it - by Indra - February 23, 2018, 06:56 PM
RE: and i will rejoice, and be glad for it - by Xan - February 25, 2018, 10:43 PM
RE: and i will rejoice, and be glad for it - by Indra - February 26, 2018, 09:47 PM