Stone Circle Tell the psychiatrist something is wrong
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The joy in her expression faded suddenly at his words, and Mawk almost backpedaled in an attempt to reverse his words. Don't be mad at me, his thoughts begged silently to Illecebra, a plea - he wanted only the best for her, but he didn't know how he felt about her replacing the presence of Burr with a fox cub. It wasn't... natural?

Grief twisted her delicate features and Mawk cringed, pulling himself closer to lick gently between her ears if she would allow it. The words that slipped from her muzzle sounded heartbroken, lost, and he pressed closer in an attempt to hopefully fill some of the hollowness that he too felt within his chest. "It's okay, it'll take time to get over his... d-" He almost choked on his words, feeling them catch in his throat - he couldn't bring himself to say it. "This." the man finally settled with, biting his lip. So much for being comforting, idiot.

He almost jumped in surprise when the cub bumped against his leg, and he felt a swirl of guilt for the thing. Illecebra's next words only furthered this, and he found himself less and less willing to cast it away. Oh, why do you always make me go soft, he muttered to himself in silent thoughts, thinking of how different he had become after meeting his wife. "I won't... I won't take him from you," Mawk whispered, feeling a strong tug at his heart - he couldn't do it. He couldn't take this cub from his mate's grasp if it made her happy, if it filled some of the emptiness that he could not.
Messages In This Thread
Tell the psychiatrist something is wrong - by Illecebra - February 21, 2018, 01:20 AM
RE: Tell the psychiatrist something is wrong - by Mawk - February 21, 2018, 10:44 AM
RE: Tell the psychiatrist something is wrong - by Illecebra - February 21, 2018, 08:52 PM
RE: Tell the psychiatrist something is wrong - by Mawk - February 22, 2018, 11:16 AM
RE: Tell the psychiatrist something is wrong - by Illecebra - February 22, 2018, 02:21 PM
RE: Tell the psychiatrist something is wrong - by Mawk - March 02, 2018, 09:21 AM
RE: Tell the psychiatrist something is wrong - by Mawk - March 13, 2018, 12:48 PM