Sheepeater Cliff we made our homes in different places
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey rushed to her little brother, right behind her mate. She paused as he swept in to embrace the boy, but only briefly before she saw an opening and moved in to press herself into the group hug as well. She felt tears springing to her eyes - tears of relief, disbelief, all forms of -ief. She had been so worried that they had killed him. She hadn't allowed herself to think it until now, seeing him here, safe, breathing. But she had been so afraid. But it was okay.. He was okay.

Or was he? Liffey stepped back as Titmouse began to speak, looking him over and immediately seeing the wounds. She felt her stomach drop and she gasped. She'd known they'd hurt him, but this... "Those savages... Those fucking savages..." she murmured, shaking her head as anger and sadness flooded her. She didn't even notice as that monumental moment in her life passed by - the second time she'd ever dropped an f-bomb.

Liffey shook her head. "We were living there," she explained, though she was distracted by her own reeling thoughts, "They cared for Rannoch when he was injured and we stayed. And then Galaxy and you and.. We left. We just left, a few days ago. We're.. we're finding a new home, Oh Titmouse, what'd they do to you?" She reached for him again, not caring about the mutilation that marred his face, running her tongue tenderly across it in a way that would've made her younger, kid-hating self's jaw drop in incredulity.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
we made our homes in different places - by Titmouse (Ghost) - February 21, 2018, 06:26 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Coelacanth - February 28, 2018, 11:49 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 01, 2018, 09:15 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 02, 2018, 08:58 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 03, 2018, 08:49 AM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 04, 2018, 10:09 AM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 05, 2018, 08:31 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 10, 2018, 01:04 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - April 01, 2018, 08:30 AM