Sheepeater Cliff we made our homes in different places
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey shook her head as her little brother explained what had happened. She had known already, but hearing it from him was different. The way he tried to dismiss the fact that they had partially blinded him. It reminded her of Gannet. They had crippled him and he was convinced that they had been in the right. Did Titmouse think his punishment was just as well? Oh god, please don't...

No. No, he didn't. She remembered now him calling them lunatics, and the incredulous tone of his next comment eased her mind as well. Liffey realized then that she was shaking from the fury that she felt. In that moment, she suddenly found herself wanting to turn around and storm straight back to Moonspear and break one leg and remove one eye from each of those bitches. They wouldn't mind - they'd still MATCH. But Liffey was not her mother. She was too much her father - sensible and, more importantly, self-aware. She took a breath and fought to calm herself.

"Awful. That's why we left. They're monsters," Liffey told him, feeling somehow liberated by being able to say such things out loud and feel perfectly vindicated for it, "But Tit, what happened that day? When Galaxy - I mean, their sister - died? I know you had nothing to do with it." She reassured him of that last part almost sternly. Yes, she'd thought him a moron and a coward for running instead of calling for help, but never did she blame him or think that he could've even done anything if he had stayed.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
we made our homes in different places - by Titmouse (Ghost) - February 21, 2018, 06:26 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Coelacanth - February 28, 2018, 11:49 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 01, 2018, 09:15 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 02, 2018, 08:58 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 03, 2018, 08:49 AM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 04, 2018, 10:09 AM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 05, 2018, 08:31 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 10, 2018, 01:04 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - April 01, 2018, 08:30 AM