Wapun Meadow redemption has freed the burden from me
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
when his gaze unmistakably drew to her haunches she felt herself involuntarily stiffen; her thin chest lurched forward and her lips pinched in a thin line of perceived slight. it was as if he had looked to it pointedly to mock her -- it had only been several months, but no wolf she had encountered had looked to her haunches with anything but pity.

she felt a stifled rage stir and her gaze turned flinty. she was about to leave his company when he spoke, his tongue thick with accent she did not recognize. part of her wanted to leave him there without a name - why should she oblige when he had silently invalidated her? her fur still stood on end from that, and she looked around him blankly as if she didn't know.

it was as if laurel was coaching her then, for her muzzle lifted in a smug smile. she knew the answer, but he was not getting it that easily. with an insolent roll of her shoulders she turned and started to walk away - one ear fixed fastidiously behind her in case he chose to follow.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
redemption has freed the burden from me - by Indra - February 21, 2018, 07:14 PM
RE: redemption has freed the burden from me - by Mahler - February 22, 2018, 05:46 PM
RE: redemption has freed the burden from me - by Indra - February 22, 2018, 10:35 PM
RE: redemption has freed the burden from me - by Mahler - February 23, 2018, 12:44 PM
RE: redemption has freed the burden from me - by Indra - February 23, 2018, 06:44 PM
RE: redemption has freed the burden from me - by Mahler - February 27, 2018, 10:20 PM
RE: redemption has freed the burden from me - by Indra - March 03, 2018, 05:32 PM
RE: redemption has freed the burden from me - by Mahler - March 03, 2018, 05:40 PM
RE: redemption has freed the burden from me - by Indra - March 03, 2018, 06:21 PM
RE: redemption has freed the burden from me - by Mahler - March 03, 2018, 06:33 PM
RE: redemption has freed the burden from me - by Indra - March 07, 2018, 08:15 PM
RE: redemption has freed the burden from me - by Mahler - March 07, 2018, 10:48 PM
RE: redemption has freed the burden from me - by Indra - March 08, 2018, 09:24 PM