Greatwater Lake I spend my night dancing with my own shadow
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

he did not answer immediately, and she wondered then if something worst had followed, something unseen. would it not be her fault, then? for she had lost the trail, and surely if she'd found him as he had found her after blackfeather, she could have changed something. when his answer finally came, she shifted, offering what she could then. "I found a pack - it's led by a man called rannoch. you can come with me, if you wanted." it was the very least she could offer after what he'd done for her, and it weighed on her to know that whatever their relationship was, was uneven. 

when finally he spoke, she paused, watching as his gaze fell to the dirt. her stomach twisted; while she'd never truly had a home that she cared for, it was obvious to see the pain it caused him to be barred from his. it was this that had the girl speak, words firm and taut with anger. "we could go together. they can't kill the both of us - and we'd kill them if they tried."  her voice held conviction motivated by anger at the dark entity that was the sisters, and too by the knowledge that she owed Screech a debt, even without this knowledge, the sound of his words and her own hate spurned her to make the sincere offer.

That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Messages In This Thread
I spend my night dancing with my own shadow - by Cassiopeia - February 26, 2018, 09:45 AM
RE: I spend my night dancing with my own shadow - by Cassiopeia - March 03, 2018, 09:30 PM