Falls of the Hinterlands and i'm always tired, but never of you
blood canticle
393 Posts
Ooc — ebony
as if attuned, mona turned her slim muzzle toward where she knew the man would be, by dumb luck or perhaps serendipity glancing up at the moment nathaniel leant forward to kiss her cheek. but this time she did not draw away; her heart fluttered beyond her control in the cage of her ribs and the girl let out the small sigh that had been carried in the hollow of her cheek. 
it was with a smile that mona lifted the dusky green of her eyes to the sunlit water that was his. "faucon," she rejoined quietly. the girl's subdued nature had surely not gone unnoticed to the rochester, but mona found a gentle happiness within herself as she followed the line of his gaze, toward the falls. 
the mayfair followed at his side, marvelling as the world darkened around her, though the fragrance of cedar clung to her scarlet fur after a handful of brushings against the aromatic trees. and in time, the roar of the falls was more deeply audible. mona's breath caught in her throat despite herself; the girl drank in the site of the den, the strength of the falling water its view; she caught the scent of the fresh meat he had killed for the pair of them, and let her gaze linger for only an additional moment on the effortless grace of nathaniel's shoulders as he pulled the —
it was a goat, and her mouth watered, but mona pulled her eyes away from it, afraid he would catch her staring at him and it would all be ruined. for a moment nathaniel loomed before her, and the girl met his observative stare for a tremulous second. however, the man had yet another surprise, and this time mona's eyes widened. 
as if by magick, the kind in the stories she had been told during puphood, were real, nathaniel had conjured flowers for her. flowers! mona scarcely drew in air as she pranced forward gleefully, lowering her muzzle to take in the light perfumes, touch their petals with her small red forepaw — and then her laughter came, uncontrollable and delighted and relieved; her slim haunches lowered to the ground near the bouquet and she gathered them around herself, sighing audibly with a pleasure that was not without its tearstains. she did not need to thank nathaniel, mona knew; presently, the girl looked toward her falcon, eyes glowing with a fond gratitude.
[Image: footer3.png]
Messages In This Thread
RE: and i'm always tired, but never with you - by Mona - March 02, 2018, 11:12 PM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never with you - by Mona - March 03, 2018, 12:23 AM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never with you - by Mona - March 03, 2018, 01:53 AM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never with you - by Mona - March 03, 2018, 03:32 AM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never with you - by Mona - March 03, 2018, 04:26 AM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never of you - by Mona - March 23, 2018, 11:56 AM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never of you - by Mona - April 15, 2018, 04:33 PM