Moonspear i'm only young but that was long ago
when you're dead, there will be no grave to remember your name
146 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The larger male did not seem as though he was impressed with the ghoul. Lucy would have been lying if she had stated that she didn’t feel the sting of his words. She still felt like the same lost little girl who had wandered too close to the Duskvale territory and had begged for a home instead. The shadow had grown, but her insecurities still bled like raw wounds. So, when she was instructed to improve her pitch, the dark girl winced softly and nodded her head. Self-depreciation had always been an easier strength to land on for her. Dune remained silent while the scarred male eyed her with a deep blue that reminded Lucy of the ocean. The grin he provided did little to ease her nerves.

A few questions followed his remark on pitch and she drew her ears up to meet them. He asked why she had wanted to join Moonspear, which she could only assume was the name of his pack. Then, he wanted to know if she could hunt. Not sure how to respond to his first question, Lucy nodded her head in an attempt at some confidence. “I can hunt small game well. Rabbits, otters, the sort,” she assured him. There was an attempt at a small smile on the corner of her lip that vanished as soon as it had brushed her face.

“And… Moonspear? I s-suppose because it’s close to home.”

Neverwinter Forest had been more of a home to the ink hound than the Caldera had been, so she was not lying, but she was not sure she had very much fondness left for the forest pack. The ghoul then fixed Charon with eyes that were trained to his neck; she did not wish to challenge his temper by breaking the appropriate submissive state of her body. Lucy was fearful of him and even of the kinder wolf – Dune – who sat to the side. She knew that she would need to increase her chances of acceptance. She was no longer the broken whelp who had washed inland and found a home by fear alone. Lucy needed the support of a pack and she had not been picky about which.

“Really, your pack smells strong. I thought I needed my best chance to survive; I will help – in any way you see fit – to make sure Moonspear stays strong.”
much to my surprise when I opened up my eyes all the sheep had turned to wolves
they were standing there with their fangs all bared and it seemed I was the fool
Messages In This Thread
i'm only young but that was long ago - by Lucy - March 12, 2018, 01:53 PM
RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - by Dune - March 12, 2018, 02:25 PM
RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - by Lucy - March 12, 2018, 02:47 PM
RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - by Charon - March 13, 2018, 01:29 AM
RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - by Dune - March 13, 2018, 02:15 PM
RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - by Lucy - March 13, 2018, 11:53 PM
RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - by Charon - March 14, 2018, 02:40 AM
RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - by Dune - March 14, 2018, 09:27 AM
RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - by Lucy - March 15, 2018, 12:43 AM
RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - by Charon - March 15, 2018, 06:52 AM
RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - by Lucy - March 15, 2018, 11:30 PM