The Sunspire sometimes young is idiot-adjacent.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey knew her brother would be upset about what had happened, but she had not expected his anger to be directed at her. She tensed as he raged at her, anxiety and hurt swelling in her chest. Had he not heard her? Had he not seen her stop them from doing what they were about to do because she had not wanted them to become what Titmouse was accusing them of being? Had he not heard Rannoch's apology, and his promises? She stared stiffly at him until finally, he relented, and an apology slid from his lips.

"Redshank will be fine as long as he doesn't come back," Liffey told him, hoping to sound more confident than she actually felt at that moment. She paused for a moment, then sighed and broached the rest of his angry stream of consciousness. "And no one has had any kool aid, Tit," she continued, "Tensions are just high. We left Moonspear not long ago, and when we did, there were a lot of hurt feelings, anger, and threats. Our former alpha went as far as to attack me, and I personally wouldn't be surprised if they had vengeance in their heads even now. It's why we ran as far as we did. And it's why we're on the lookout still for any sign of danger to us and to the life we're trying to establish here."

"Redshank trespassed on our territory and threatened their lives. I can't blame them for being as upset by his presence as they were. It doesn't excuse their behavior, but can't you see that their alarm wasn't entirely out of place?" she searched his face, hoping to find understanding, "They went too far and it's not okay. They realize that now. Rannoch said already that he was in the wrong and that he wouldn't let it happen again. I won't let it either." One more pause, and then she added in a smaller voice that was more uncertain, and emotional, "Do you not trust me?"
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
sometimes young is idiot-adjacent. - by Liffey - March 12, 2018, 06:38 PM
RE: sometimes young is idiot-adjacent. - by Liffey - March 13, 2018, 05:47 PM
RE: sometimes young is idiot-adjacent. - by Liffey - April 01, 2018, 08:53 AM