Wapun Meadow an unexpected journey
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
with both women's terse body language gradually dissolving, indra found herself studying the gnarled cottonwoods around them rather than the woman directly in front of her. she revealed her name -- asp -- a befitting name, indra thought, for the sharpness of the woman's muzzle and the whiplike conformation she sported seemed most beseeming.

she was surprised to hear the woman ask where she hailed from -- it was not often anyone cared to ask, at least not so directly. "i'm indra." she supplied solemnly, her gaze turning slowly to the direction bearclaw sat: "and i'm from over there. bearclaw." she considered expanding, but for the moment curbed in her tongue by redirecting the conversation: "why are you here and not the north?"

perhaps to an outsider, her composure and affectation seemed most unfriendly -- in truth, indra had simply learned to be direct -- small talk, she believed, was for wolves with too much time on their hands or wolves with ulterior motives -- neither of which she believed herself to be.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
an unexpected journey - by Asp - March 23, 2018, 03:54 PM
RE: an unexpected journey - by Indra - March 23, 2018, 07:11 PM
RE: an unexpected journey - by Asp - March 24, 2018, 11:04 AM
RE: an unexpected journey - by Indra - March 25, 2018, 12:17 PM
RE: an unexpected journey - by Asp - March 29, 2018, 12:38 PM
RE: an unexpected journey - by Indra - March 31, 2018, 10:59 AM
RE: an unexpected journey - by Asp - April 12, 2018, 05:33 PM
RE: an unexpected journey - by Indra - April 14, 2018, 05:59 PM