The Sunspire i can see what the rest of my life looks like.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
It wasn't until Rannoch appeared that Liffey suddenly felt as though she knew what was happening to her. But even then, though she knew it, she found herself incapable of actually acknowledging it. She paused upon the terrain when she spotted him coming towards her, feeling that rush of need unlike any she'd felt before. Her hackles prickled at the sight of him, and she all at once felt desperate and aggitated, longing, and mischievous. She had known her time was coming, so she was not oblivious to what this meant when it came. But she had thought before that she would feel surprised by it, that she might hesitate and want to talk it through with her mate prior to giving in to the whims of her hormones, especially with all that was going on in her pack at that moment. But she felt none of the concern that she had anticipated. It was an oddly freeing feeling, to feel so much at once. Perhaps it was because of the singular, underlying feeling and thought to it all --

DAMN that boy was H O T.

Liffey had never seen him like this before. Yes, he had taken her plenty of times in the past, and his face always carried a similar look of lust and need. But this was different... There was something wild and unruly in the look he had for her now, and boy was it working for her in a big way. The thought of Olive's and Seabreeze's litters completely left her mind where once she had thought they would force her to run from this moment. Surely, three litters in one pack were far too many, and though she was alpha and was truly the only one deserving of motherhood, being a leader meant sacrificing for the good of the pack, right? But, call it what you will, Liffey was suddenly unaware of such things as consequences. She trotted across Sunspire's slopes towards her handsome mate with all the allure and excitement of a single girl on the dance floor of a club, and her intended partner had just finished paying his cover and walked in right on schedule.

But, like all single-girls-in-a-club-scenes, so too did some intruding third party walk over after putting their fourth beer on the open tab.

Liffey prickled as the scent of another stung her nostrils. She spun, her eyes raking the land behind her until settling upon another female - Treason - approaching. The girl seemed uncertain as she stepped nearer and fortunately (or.. unfortunately), the alpha was in just the right mood to answer any unspoken questions her subordinate might have had about this situation she was walking into. Her lips peeled back from her teeth in a protective snarl as she pivoted to face the girl, stepping swiftly between her and Rannoch. She didn't speak, but as she lifted her head and tail high and stared the other female down, the message was quite obvious - this is mine.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
RE: i can see what the rest of my life looks like. - by Liffey - April 20, 2018, 08:17 PM