Stavanger Bay Rest My Dear
what would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark?
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
Smokestep out <33

It was safe to say that Smokestep was a little daft when it came to understanding others. He did his best to stay on top of things, but when Engel remarked that the late Awinita had liked the young Captain as more than just a member of the crew, he squinted his eyes sharply and his lips became a thin line on his sharp face. There was something that unsettled him about it; something that bothered him to imagine. Here was a perfectly living man who was telling his Captain about a dead girl who had expressed feelings for him, of sorts. Smokestep almost felt haunted; he could not describe the emotions that fluttered about in the pit of his gut.

“She… never said nothin’ to me,” he said with a frown.

It was true, though, that she had never really expressed this interest to him personally. It stung to know that she had tucked her secrets away from him. It stung to know that he would never hear it from the girl’s lips. The young pirate felt his teeth grit together and he breathed deeply. “Fuck, mate… I ain’t even got a clue wot to say.” With that, Smokestep turned and left the scene. He wasn’t prepared to deal with the emotional catastrophe of dealing with the death of a crew mate as well as her unresolved feelings for him. He wasn’t strong enough to shoulder the weight of it.
calling to join them the wretched and joyful
shaking the wings of their terrible youths
freshly disowned in some frozen devotion
Messages In This Thread
Rest My Dear - by Engel - April 20, 2018, 07:49 PM
RE: Rest My Dear - by Smokestep - April 25, 2018, 12:28 AM
RE: Rest My Dear - by Engel - April 25, 2018, 02:40 PM
RE: Rest My Dear - by Smokestep - April 26, 2018, 01:08 AM
RE: Rest My Dear - by Engel - April 26, 2018, 07:37 PM
RE: Rest My Dear - by Smokestep - May 10, 2018, 02:55 AM
RE: Rest My Dear - by Engel - May 10, 2018, 03:00 AM
RE: Rest My Dear - by Smokestep - May 18, 2018, 02:47 AM