Stone Circle Counting the days.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
So very sorry for the late reply! Ive been so busy lately D ' :

Keeping amber eyes trained on her, Greyback sat in silence as he watched the soon to be queen roll onto her side. He was about ready to jump and help her when he noticed a tiny struggle to sit, but stayed still as she was able to on her own.

"Mates? Can you tell me about them? ..Unless it is a story that makes you sad?"

"Mate," he corrected softly. While twitching his ear to her voice that followed with his own hum. He adjusted his weight to his left. Pain settling in his heart at the subject, its pangs pushing the beating organ through his lungs where it caught in his throat. It bobbed, tightening his airway and threatening to suffocate him. It had been years since one asked about the details of his mate, and every time he shot it down with profuse denial. He thought about doing the same to Valette, but out of everyone; perhaps she would be able to sympathize the most. Greyback wasn't too oblivious to notice whispers about her past mate, and never failed to catch onto the cloud that hovered over her when he was mentioned.

"Mate, a single one," he repeated. Tearing his gaze away to focus ahead. "The story that pains me greatly, Mrs. Valette, I cannot lie. Though, you deserve to know after so kindly giving me room within your pack." He looked down to her, his eyes glossy. He cleared his throat with a rough sound. "She was...like, not anything id seen before," He breathed. "Alluring, strong. She could make the strongest of those kneel before her,"

"I left my pack to peruse her since we weren't within an alliance. She left hers too, despite being the next in line for the crown. Her reasoning, in her own words if I recall was...'even the stream must break to find its own path.' Her path was me, I suppose. I was hers as much as she was mine. Everything," Greyback paused, breathing sharply, taking in a few breaths to steady his overzealous heart. "Everything was wonderful that first year... Until a sickness came and took her, she gifted me with two wonderful daughters though."

Closing his eyes, Greyback lifted his head, remembering the two bundles of fur presented before her passing. He wondered how they were now, how big they must be. "I couldn't be a father for them. They were so very young, they needed a mother, and I was too preoccupied with her passing to take another mate. So, I took them to her birth pack, presenting them as her last gift to the world. They agreed to take them in. However, I was not of bloodline. I had no place among them." Lowering his head, he attempted to meet Valette's gaze. "Her name was Venicy."

Messages In This Thread
Counting the days. - by RIP Valette - May 15, 2018, 04:43 AM
RE: Counting the days. - by Greyback - May 15, 2018, 12:39 PM
RE: Counting the days. - by RIP Valette - May 16, 2018, 03:45 AM
RE: Counting the days. - by Greyback - May 24, 2018, 08:58 PM
RE: Counting the days. - by RIP Valette - May 28, 2018, 02:01 PM
RE: Counting the days. - by Greyback - June 03, 2018, 01:59 PM
RE: Counting the days. - by RIP Valette - June 04, 2018, 12:17 PM