Heron Lake Plateau feeling my way through the darkness
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena
tags for visibility

Maybe she shouldn't have taken the chance.  

She had been on her way to apologize to @Raven, a fresh duck hanging limp between her jaws.  The closer she got to passing @Niamh's den, the harder her heart pounded.  She wasn't going to stop at all, but when she raked her gaze over the den and scented the air... it seemed as if Niamh wasn't there.

She paused, crouched defensively, looked around as if it might be a trap (even though she had come of her own accord) before she made haste towards the den where Screech was.  The only thing that kept running through her head was that it wasn't fair, it wasn't fair, it wasn't fair.

She hadn't heard anything from anyone about the boy's condition and wanted to see with her own eyes that he was still awake, that it hadn't been some kind of fluke, and as she made her way through the mouth of Niamh's den she dropped the duck as she noticed the light reflect off of his hawkish orb.

Screech, she breathed with relief before tucking her tail and looking over her shoulder as if Niamh might have materialized from the darkness that surrounded them.  Are... are you..

Messages In This Thread
RE: feeling my way through the darkness - by Fire - June 09, 2018, 02:02 PM
RE: feeling my way through the darkness - by Fire - June 09, 2018, 02:40 PM
RE: feeling my way through the darkness - by Fire - June 09, 2018, 03:03 PM
RE: feeling my way through the darkness - by Fire - June 09, 2018, 03:48 PM