Heron Lake Plateau So I'll brace myself against this wall
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood's brows raised with surprise at the news that Screech was conscious. He was happy to hear it -- while he certainly wasn't a medic and knew next to nothing about concussions and comas, it hadn't seemed like the boy was in good shape. It sounded like he was still adjusting to wakefulness once more, but Elwood couldn't help but think that Screech had managed to dodge yet another bullet. He was unlucky, in that he often found himself in precarious situations, but at the same time he was quite lucky to keep moving forward in life.

"That's good news," he replied with a bob of his head. "If there's anything I can do to help -- bring food to him or anything -- let me know," he offered in the next breath. While his own children were not big fans of Screech, Elwood still considered him to be family. Speaking of family, Niamh asked after Tywyll and Cinder, which drew a smile from the retiree. "They're good -- becoming more independent every day, especially Tywyll," he said. Some of the initial protectiveness he had felt upon moving to the plateau had finally worn off; the boys were nearly three months old, and they were all becoming more acquainted with their new home.

Shifting his gaze back to the birds, he then asked the question that had been on the tip of his tongue since his arrival. "So what are you doing with them?" He gestured towards the magpies with his snout as he spoke.
Messages In This Thread
So I'll brace myself against this wall - by RIP Niamh - June 11, 2018, 07:03 PM
RE: So I'll brace myself against this wall - by Elwood - June 12, 2018, 08:45 AM
RE: So I'll brace myself against this wall - by Elwood - June 16, 2018, 08:51 AM
RE: So I'll brace myself against this wall - by Elwood - June 19, 2018, 01:07 PM
RE: So I'll brace myself against this wall - by Elwood - June 22, 2018, 09:39 PM
RE: So I'll brace myself against this wall - by Elwood - July 03, 2018, 09:30 PM
RE: So I'll brace myself against this wall - by Elwood - July 14, 2018, 09:37 AM
RE: So I'll brace myself against this wall - by Elwood - July 20, 2018, 02:34 PM