Heron Lake Plateau So I'll brace myself against this wall
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
At Niamh's grateful acceptance of his offer, Elwood made a mental note to deposit food in the caches nearest to where Screech was recuperating. She admitted how difficult it had been to provide for herself and Screech, and he nodded his understanding. Some time ago, he had been in a similar situation, when Finley returned to the caldera suffering from pretty severe injuries, and he remembered what a trying time it had been.

As for the magpies, she began to explain her train of thought. Elwood tilted his head, regarding the birds thoughtfully as they continued to voice their protest. He hadn't heard about the crabs that she and Tegan had brought from the beach, and a brief smile flitted across his lips. It was a good idea, but he didn't know either if the crustaceans would survive in a different habitat. As she continued to unravel her thoughts out loud, he pieced together his comprehension.

"So, basically, you want to have some live food that's easy to access, right?" he asked, for clarification. "I think that could potentially work. You're right, they won't be able to go anywhere with their wings clipped. It just might be hard to keep them in one place, even though they can't fly." They were certainly precocious, as evidenced by their squirming and squawking. "I could help you try to figure something out," he suggested, lifting his gaze from the birds to Niamh's face.
Messages In This Thread
So I'll brace myself against this wall - by RIP Niamh - June 11, 2018, 07:03 PM
RE: So I'll brace myself against this wall - by Elwood - June 12, 2018, 08:45 AM
RE: So I'll brace myself against this wall - by Elwood - June 16, 2018, 08:51 AM
RE: So I'll brace myself against this wall - by Elwood - June 19, 2018, 01:07 PM
RE: So I'll brace myself against this wall - by Elwood - June 22, 2018, 09:39 PM
RE: So I'll brace myself against this wall - by Elwood - July 03, 2018, 09:30 PM
RE: So I'll brace myself against this wall - by Elwood - July 14, 2018, 09:37 AM
RE: So I'll brace myself against this wall - by Elwood - July 20, 2018, 02:34 PM