Stavanger Bay She gave me shelter on the coldest nights
what would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark?
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
Missing his First Mate had taken a toll on the ghostly pirate Captain. He had spent hours pacing the shores, worried of leaving his home and the wolves within it. Raptor had been preoccupied with finding himself or something – Smokestep still wasn’t sure – and had found himself in a mess with the woman he’d impregnated. The young corsair knew that his friend had changed drastically since his arrival. It had not settled well with him, but Smokestep also knew that it wasn’t his place to speak out when Raptor was dealing with all the trouble that he felt within him.

It had not been until the disappearance of Sandpiper that the young Captain had truly found himself in a state of madness. He had searched as far as he could, but she seemed to have vanished into the sea and never returned. It haunted him; he could not sleep and had lost a considerable amount of weight since she had disappeared. Try as he might, he was in no state to lead his crew on without knowing that his sister was safe. There seemed to be a fire within his gut that would not be extinguished without that peace of mind.

Catching the scent of her on the wind, the long-legged yearling bounded across the sand. Madness glinted in his gaze as he sought her. The mismatched pair of eyes darted in search of the dark russet coat that she carried on her back. When he finally latched onto her, Smokestep increased his speed and closed the distance that had stretched between them. His eyes burned looking at her, and the feverish urgency in him was almost palpable.
calling to join them the wretched and joyful
shaking the wings of their terrible youths
freshly disowned in some frozen devotion
Messages In This Thread
She gave me shelter on the coldest nights - by Rosalyn - June 14, 2018, 02:55 PM
RE: She gave me shelter on the coldest nights - by Smokestep - June 26, 2018, 12:19 PM