Jade Fern Grove If only I had strength to change your mind
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Thanks for starting! <3
She had forgotten the warmth of the south. Even in the summer, a particular chill reigned over the northern parts of the world, a coolness she had grown accustomed to. To be back in a land where the sun radiated with the full brunt of its heat... she couldn't help but feel a shiver of pining for the ice fields, where overheating was one less thing to worry about.

But her restless feet had led her here. For what purpose, she didn't probe. She had once been moved by fear, but now her journeys ebbed with a different drive. Nanook ran with the curiosity to learn and discover, to establish. The heightened stress of her youth had finally petered to a calm and, dare she say, excited outlook on what the future held in store for her. Both Desna and the Northerners had taught her the importance of seeking out an giving to lives beyond herself, and maybe, maybe that was what her paws itched to do now.

For the moment she focused on escaping the afternoon sun (another reason she generally travelled at night). Nanook slipped beneath the cover of trees and relished the relief of their shade. The mist of the river cooled her with a chill that made her wonder if the water rushed from some mountain run-off, but her brief investigation cut short when a dissonance of colour pieced between the lower lying leaves. Nanook stopped and ducked her head, flaring for a scent - and soon found her limber legs clipping the underbrush to carry herself toward him. The faintest smile curled her lips curled, but she kept her distance when she tested for recognition - a single call of the moniker she hoped belonged to him. "Ice Bear?"
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
If only I had strength to change your mind - by Siarut - July 15, 2018, 01:15 PM
RE: If only I had strength to change your mind - by Nanook - July 15, 2018, 01:36 PM