Heron Lake Plateau when the night is done, you’ll vanish in the sun
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena
And somehow that was worse.  Maybe if Raven would've been angry with her she would've been able to toughen up, and maybe after the conversation was over she could reflect on her words — she was sad all the time, and it was hurting other people.  But the only thing that came to mind now as that warmth leaked into Raven's yellow-yolk eyes, as the woman she's fallen for slower than anyone else makes to touch her — ! — was I love you, as abrupt and genuine as it had been when she'd been bathed at the lake.  

But now there were facial expressions to go with it, and the intention behind those words was unmistakeable.  She is horrified with herself and it shows clearly across her face and now those tears do spill out because honestly, she's a fucking pitiful wreck.  I'm so sorry.  That's not — that's inappropriate, I'm — oh god

it wasn't fair to her it wasn't fair to quixote it wasn't fair to their kids it wasn't fair to her

and she doesn't realize she's holding her breath, standing there trembling andwaiting for the inevitable fallout.

They called her Fire because she burned everything she touched.
ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in
Messages In This Thread
RE: when the night is done, you’ll vanish in the sun - by Fire - July 30, 2018, 12:00 AM