Northstar Vale If I didn't know any better I'd say this was a long time coming
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian

The journey across yet another set of mountains was rough; they were all tired, and Kavik was for sure ready to find somewhere to settle for good. When they entered the vale, he didn't notice its beauty right away; he was just relieved to feel something more forgiving than rocky terrain under his paws. 

He turned to Liri when he felt her bump to his shoulder and smiled when she suggested this place be their new home. He lifted his gaze to look around the green valley and realized how enticing it looked. Settling his eyes back on his mate, his smile grew and he replied, This place looks perfect. Kavik could imagine them settling there and wondered what else they would find while exploring. Before we explore, we should rest a little he added with a nuzzle to her cheek. 

He turned to the rest of their weary group then and announced that they would be resting for a little bit. Liri and I think this place could be our new home, so when we're all rested, we can explore a little, Kavik said, his emerald gaze sweeping across the faces of their budding pack as relief settled in his chest at the thought that this could be the end of their traveling and the beginning of the life as a pack.

It was then that he noticed the strangers. Moving to intersect the females before they got too close to the group, he stopped a short distance from them, flagging his tail assertively. He had scented foot traffic in the area, but there were no markers indicating it was claimed. Do you two need something? he asked with calm authority. The two smelled of the same pack, and Kavik didn't how many more were around. The last thing he wanted was a fight, but he wasn't going to let the strangers come any closer to his pack.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
RE: If I didn't know any better I'd say this was a long time coming - by RIP Kavik - August 01, 2018, 12:39 PM