Northstar Vale If I didn't know any better I'd say this was a long time coming
29 Posts
Ooc — Romulus
Thorleif trundled along after the pack, completely entranced by the butterfly.  He had been following the butterfly for a good 10 minutes and, as luck would have it, it appeared the insect and the the pack shared a common destination.  He thought back at the past several days of travel and thought of his new pack.  He had gotten used to all of them, save for the little one.  That one was much more fearsome than his size should have allowed.  Thorleif knew to keep a wary eye on that one.

He gradually shifted his gaze back to the path ahead of him and saw that the pack had stopped moving.  He cocked his head to the side in confusion and trotted closer.  Upon seeing his pack, and their body language, he seized.

In an instant, his past exploded through his murky subconscious and had overridden his senses.  Memories implanted deep inside of Thorleif charged into his nerves.  His pack, his old pack.  His family.  That night.  Minutes away from their own deaths, Thorleif instantly recalled the same body language in his old pack that was now present in his new one.

Thinking was over.  All thoughts gone, replaced by the instinct of the pack.  Andrenaline filled every vein.  He charged over and skidded to a stop at the edge of the rank, instinctually protecting the pack's flank.  His heart racing, and teeth bared, Thorleif could even think of nothing else but to rip and tear.  To rend flesh from bone.  To taste fresh marrow and blood.  He wanted to fight and kill.  Even if it was the last thing he ever did.

The only thing keeping him at bay, was at the corner of his vision.  Still glaring at the two strangers, he could just barely recognize the forms of Kavik and Liri.  He knew that if he wanted to attack, he must first see what they did.

So he waited.
Messages In This Thread
RE: If I didn't know any better I'd say this was a long time coming - by Thorleif - August 01, 2018, 08:03 PM