Northstar Vale If I didn't know any better I'd say this was a long time coming
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik could feel the aggression and unease from the group behind him, but kept his attention solely on the strangers in front of him. His attention was briefly drawn to the arrival of his mate, and when he saw she had allowed Illidan to follow, he looked from her face to his and back. He didn't think the boy was safe this close to potentially hostile strangers, but decided now was not really the time discuss it. He was, however, glad that Liri had motioned for Grezig's presence; she was strong and had earned the trust of both he and his mate, and Kavik was proud to have her on the front lines with them.

Kavik watched the exchange between the two females; it seemed they felt the need to bring in reinforcements, which was fine. It was the strangers fault this had gotten off to a rocky start. Had they not approached his group so aggressively, they wouldn't all feel the need to respond the same way. But if that's how they wanted to do this, then fine. The smaller female left then, and Kavik could hear her calls for more packmates in the distance. 

Kavik thought of himself as a pretty agreeable wolf, but this female's entitled attitude was starting to rub him the wrong way. Don't worry about what I have or have not promised my wolves he answered coolly, keeping his eyes locked firmly and assertively on hers. This territory isn't claimed, so we have done nothing wrong by being here. We are not here to start trouble, but I'm afraid if you don't back off a little, we're going to have a problem, Kavik added, his tone unyielding. He was always willing to seek out the path that avoided confrontation. This area was clearly important to the nearby pack, and Kavik was understanding of that. He wasn't going to let some haughty stranger push him or his pack around, and this just seemed like a huge waste of time and a chance for her to be a bully. 

Her next comment further increased his dislike of the the female. She was willing to have a pissing contest over a territory that supposedly had a bear problem? That didn't quite add up. Plus, they hadn't scented any bears, at least not in the short amount of time they had been here. If the rest of your pack is as inflammatory as you have been, then I'm not sure we want any kind of relationship with you. If a reasonable conversation can be had about this territory, I'd be glad to listen, but your attitude is neither needed nor constructive. he said resolutely. He still felt this situation could be rectified, but not if he had to talk this wolf anymore. He and His wolves were tired and road weary and none of them deserved to be met with unprovoked aggression over a simple misunderstanding. It's not as if they had just waltzed into their pack's territory. He remained like a wall in front of the abrasive female, his expression unreadable, as he waited for her packmates to arrive.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
RE: If I didn't know any better I'd say this was a long time coming - by RIP Kavik - August 07, 2018, 08:22 PM