Stavanger Bay turn around unless you want to fornicate in the willows
190 Posts
Ooc — Kris
The excitement and joy in sharing this news with a friend who could appreciate his happiness was about to be shadowed by what he had to tell her next. Raptor's expression softened and his wagging tail slowed to an idle sway. He would have been more sullen, more nervous and ashamed, if he was not so determined in what his next step would be; if his heart was not beating so strongly for his daughter.

He shook his head to Roz' questions, and then held his Captain's gaze. "She's too young to come here. Her mother won't come here." He had not asked her but he knew the answer. He knew how fortunate he was that she allowed him to even see his daughter, let alone spend any time with her. "I don't want to leave you. Not after you gave me a chance to get back on my feet and do right by you. But I can't be your First Mate any more. I have to go to her, Roz. I have to go be a father."

The regret shone in his eyes then. He did not lament so much his failing at his title (again), but his failing in being her friend. "I'd be no good to you anyway," he murmured quietly, looking away across the sea. The only home he had ever known was on salty shores, and he was leaving them too. "Not when I am so lovesick over that little girl and can think of nothing else."

He looked back to Roz, silently pleading for her understanding and forgiveness.
Messages In This Thread
RE: turn around unless you want to fornicate in the willows - by Raptor - August 17, 2018, 05:44 PM