Silverlight Terrace i won't fight the fire, i feel the rain fall down
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Perhaps above all he longed to give her a sense of freedom. Whether she took note of it or not, he felt her station a cage, a wicker basket set to snare a viper that would thrive without intervention. Though snake charmer he tried to be with mixed success, he had learned that it was not possible to always charm a snake from its basket with ease. The snake had to be willing and the charmer patient, and it was therein the discomfort. He strived for success constantly, unaware that even the hard path he chose was lined with easy victories from time to time.

Her acquiscence, even here, he considered a victory. It would better her in the long run.

"Towards the coast," he answered after a beat, "there is a forest there as thick as the one we first met in, nestled against the mountain's edges. It isn't a far journey, one you could make and return from before anyone wondered. I've done the same a time or two," and had failed at least once he knew of. Nyx had been quick to suss him out from the grasses and weeds and he had been just as quick to steer her back towards the forest. There was no real rhyme or reason he kept their meetings private other than surely to not provide fodder for a cannon of questions. Oddly enough, he had not yet considered what his sister would have made of him and this pursuit, but perhaps it aligned itself with the sins she had committed along the way.

"Of course if you're unable to get away, I understand, and I will continue to return to here to seek you," he went on to add, regarding her with a lift of his head. "But it would delight me for you to come, perhaps eventually stay. I think you would like it there." It was yet another ploy to try and tempt her and so obvious too, but he would continue to try. Patience may not have been his forte, but persistence seemed to win out in the end.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i won't fight the fire, i feel the rain fall down - by Dirge - September 19, 2018, 12:55 AM