The Sunspire Summer nights
<div style="padding:25px; font:10px/1.75 Georgia;"><FONT COLOR="#daa520">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#daa52e">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba53b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba549">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba456">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba464"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca371">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca37f">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca38d">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda29a">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda2a8">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1b5">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1c3">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0d0">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT></FONT>
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang
For anyone from the sunspire to jump in

Fang stood atop a craggy outcropping of stones, pressed against a bluff overlooking the lower lands of the wilds, specifically the Rising sun valley. His frame cutting a figure in the night wilds. A cool breeze shifted his fur with the stars overhead making their slow progress across the indigo sky. The late night silence was broken only by the calls of the lands nocturnal creatures. The half-breed was finding himself enjoying the sun spire, the mountain range looking down on everyone filled him with a sense of pride. Thoughts swirled as time passed, thinking of how far he'd come, and where he was still going.

Time continued to pass whilst he was lost in thoughts, minutes, hours, he didn't know. The telltale cry of a rabbit being taken down nearby echoed around, drawing Fang out of his reverie. Little thought was given to the time that passed, as his thoughts travelled to the creature who's life was just snuffed, in hopes that the attacker was a package Fang let out a small howl, scarcely heard beyond his immediate area. Welcoming the potential ally to venture out and introduce themselves. He was still new, and eager to meet any of his remaining pack-mates.

He remained standing on top of the stones as he waited to see if anyone nearby would answer his summons

Speech

thoughts

Amnesia may have destroyed my <i>memory</i>, but it will not destroy <i>me</i>.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
@Fang *is snatching this thread if that’s okay with you* Also, I’m going to forward-date it to now-ish, since a lot has happened recently. I’m making this vague because Red’s “profession of love” thread is still going.

Red had scented Fang standing on the outcropping nearby, and, without a good plan of how to approach him now that things were a bit awkward between them, she decided to circle around him at first, giving herself time to figure out what to say to him. She had gotten lucky, it seemed, because no sooner was she a bit farther on then she had found a rabbit nibbling on a patch of weeds poking up through the Sunspire’s rocky surface. She dropped down to her belly so she wouldn’t scare it off, crept up as close as she dared, and pounced…

A minute or so later, with a dead rabbit now dangling from her jaws, she made her way towards Fang and his low, baying howl of greeting. From the sounds of it, he obviously hadn’t figured out it was her, and she was halfway glad for that. She could surprise him now, and she was carrying a gift, even. She wasn’t hungry, after all, and couldn’t let a perfectly good rabbit go to waste like that. She stepped up out of the shadows of the night to stand directly in front of Fang. She gave a muffled woof in greeting, and then came forward a bit more and dropped the animal at his feet. Then she backed up a little.

For you, she said quietly, giving him a shy smile.

<style type="text/css">.red {width:400px; margin:0px auto; padding:200px 25px 20px 20px; background-image:url('http://i62.tinypic.com/10h0siu.png'); background-position: top; background-color:#0a0c00; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;} .red-in {width: 380px; border:3px double #edc61e; padding: 10px; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.65); text-align: justify;} .red q {color:#edc61e;} .red p {text-indent:30px; color:#dcceb6; font:12px/1.75 times; margin:0px;}</style>
<div style="padding:25px; font:10px/1.75 Georgia;"><FONT COLOR="#daa520">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#daa52e">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba53b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba549">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba456">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba464"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca371">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca37f">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca38d">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda29a">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda2a8">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1b5">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1c3">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0d0">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT></FONT>
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang
assume it's after the 'worried' thread, as well as his talk with Ferdie and his brief run away

When Red emerged nearby the he quickly found himself leaving his stone thrown behind and moving towards the coy-wolf. He greeted her offering with a welcome smile before offering a nuzzle to her neck, taking a moment to breath her scent. He had wandered for more than two days before returning to familiar territory. His mind, if not at ease, at least a little clearer than it had been.

He withdrew briefly, eyeing off her catch. Turning back to her he realised, whilst he had been gone only a couple of days, he had missed her company greatly since her confession of love. Sorry, I kind of took off. I spoke with Ferdie after we returned the captives. We had. ..a disagreement. For the moment he decided not to explain what it was all over, instead he proceeded to lick at the females cheek. I did miss you though. He offered.

Speech

thoughts

135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
I almost called Fang “Ferdie” in this cos my fingers started auto-typing on me… THAT would have been awkward…

Red breathed in slowly as Fang nuzzled her neck. She buried her muzzle into his shoulder to return the gesture, and had to keep herself from whining when he pulled away. She had missed him a lot during his leave, which only solidified in her mind the fact that she loved him. She watched his face when he pulled away. He seemed bothered about something and she wanted to know what, but she also didn’t want to push him. He would tell her if and when he was ready. Which, it seemed, was now.

He explained briefly that he and Ferdie had had some kind of disagreement, which immediately put the coywolf on edge. She brushed his kiss off for the moment, and sniffed at him, walking around him in a slow circle to check for wounds. But there was nothing; he seemed physically healthy. Red sighed in relief and then came up and returned his kiss, licking him on the cheek. She looked into his eyes and whined happily, to say, I missed you, too.

Then she pulled pack and looked at him seriously, asking, What kind of disagreement? If Ferdie had threatened Fang, also, Red was going to come down hard on his ass. She was tired of this whole thing about wanting to leave hanging over her head and she didn’t need him dragging anyone else into it.

<style type="text/css">.red {width:400px; margin:0px auto; padding:200px 25px 20px 20px; background-image:url('http://i62.tinypic.com/10h0siu.png'); background-position: top; background-color:#0a0c00; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;} .red-in {width: 380px; border:3px double #edc61e; padding: 10px; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.65); text-align: justify;} .red q {color:#edc61e;} .red p {text-indent:30px; color:#dcceb6; font:12px/1.75 times; margin:0px;}</style>
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

Smiling whilst she 'inspected' him, his tail began a slow to-and frown when he let out a little laugh. When she finished, satisfied he was unharmed and returning his kiss, eyes closed for a moment enjoying her presence. The question hang in the air, opting to sit, he lowered himself down and regarded Red with a look of concern etched on his face. He had no reason to not tell her what happened.

he let out a soft sigh, looking off for a moment before speaking. Well, it's no secret I wasn't happy with that whole fiasco he dragged us into with that swiftcurrent. I took the opportunity on our way back to ask him about it. I uhh, may also have mentioned that threat he made against you Loath to act the hero in front of Red, he trailed off. He disagrees, it looked like he was going to attack me, but then he just sort of laughed, made some silly points and left. He waited a moment, thinking about the encounter before looking back at the coywolf it's strange, I told him to tread lightly around you, he whined of a broken heart. When I mentioned leaving he accused me, us, of stealing from the pack. I all but challenged him, and he didn't react. The last came out In a matter of fact tone, why didn't Ferdie attack him, that was one of Fangs largest questions In All this.

Speech

thoughts

135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
I’m curious to see how Fang takes this. Also, I didn’t know Red liked to talk so much. She sort of took over here… Also, no need to match the length.

Fang’s words did not really surprise Red. She sat when he did and listened as he told a story that she had been afraid she might hear. So he had told Ferdie to lay off her. While she appreciated the sentiment, she was afraid it might get him in trouble later on, though she said nothing about it. The only thing in his words that she did not really get was when he mentioned that Ferdie had spoken of a “broken heart”.

Eloquently, she said, What the fuck? He told you I had broken his heart? (This wasn’t actually what Fang had told her that Ferdie had said, but Red had decided to jump to conclusions). I hardly know him! We’ve only spoken three or four times at length since I joined the Sunspire! Now, of course, Red had no idea how much of a hypocrite she was, as the same was true for Fang and herself. But if anyone had ever bothered to point that out, she would have, like a teenager, said something along the lines of, “It’s different for Fang and me. You just don’t understand.”

She got up, no longer comfortable with sitting, and began to pace. I’m going to have to go set some things straight with that — … with him, she said. Clearly he doesn’t know what the hell he’s doing, especially if he thinks that I love him in any way, shape, or form. Does he not know that we’re together? Because—

And this is where she awkwardly cut herself off and then turned her head slightly to stare at Fang. She hesitated for a moment, cleared her throat, and then said, I mean… we are together… aren’t we? It seemed, for the moment, that the coywolf was done ranting.

298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

Were it not so inappropriate Fang would have began laughing at her reactions, 'What the fuck' was about the same thoughts he had when Ferdie mentioned his feelings. He was doing best to hide his amusement at her rant, trying to speak when she mentioned 'sorting things out' with Ferdie. Her next sentence drained the amusement almost as quickly as She created it. Well, we're here now? Once again Fang felt like hiding behind a large carnivore, perhaps a bear this time. The look she gave him was enough to almost feel like a physical blow.

He shuffled about for a moment. Okay, so I'd just leave the Ferdie thing for now. I smoothed it over for the time being, just don't mention leaving to him. ..uh Suddenly her question was in his mouth, how'd he answer this. I uh, I guess so?He had no reason to deny his feelings for Red, her fiery outburst did nothing to diminish his feelings now, but he felt like he was being held down and told how it was. yeah. He added, not quite sure why, or what it was directed at. But there it was. Yeah.

Speech

thoughts

135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
I’m sorry for torturing both of these characters lol… <3

Fang’s reaction to her question was not how she had imagined it would be. She had been expecting a resounding “Of course we are.” What she had gotten instead left much to be desired. But then she realized something that made her both want to laugh and cry at the same time. She sat down and gave a single laugh, shaking her head. She looked away, up at the sky, and said absentmindedly, Oh God. I’m just as bad as Ferdie is, aren’t I? Without letting Fang give an answer, she continued. Ferdie assumed he and I were together just because I let him groom me and I was nice to him. I’ve… done the same thing here, right? You - you don’t… you don’t love me. I mean, you like me, and we’re friends. But you don’t like me the way I like you… do you?

She took a deep breath, and seemed to rouse from slumber. She looked at him and gave him a crooked smile, though she felt empty inside — drained of emotion. It’s fine. I’m not gonna do what he did and be a jerk to you just because you don’t like me. I mean, we’re still gonna be friends, right? That’s good enough, I guess. She turned away again. If wolves could cry, she probably would be right now without realizing it. Fang had never actually said that he loved her. She knew that — well, she realized it now. And she realized she’d been a fool for assuming it of him.

For the second time when discussing her emotions towards him, Red said softly, I’m sorry.

298 Posts
Ooc — Fang
it's pretty funny. I'm also amused how much Fang doesn't like Ferdie. Lol

As bad as Ferdie? He shook his head in the negative, mumbling. You're not that much of a vain twit. When she started making claims that this was not a mutual affection his stomach sank, he tried to speak to reassure her but he simply sat there mouth opened. Her words fell around him and when she turned away and apologised once more he let out a low grumble.

Moving he sat himself both next to, and almost on top of her, once mor trying to be close to her, another nudge of his nose was offered to her cheek, followed by a kiss. It's not that at all. Firstly, you're a million times better looking than Ferdie. He offered a Sly wink. His expression turned serious as he spoke quieter than before. And, I'm just not used to...openly confessing things like this. Like you are. It's not that I don't.. Love you. It's just not easy for me to say yet. He cursed himself a fool as his words rolled out of his mouth, here he was calling her a better speaker?

Speech

thoughts

135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Wanna make this our official mate-ship thread? To get EXP for it? It seems like the right time to me, but it depends on how Fang responds.

Red jumped a bit when Fang came and sat next to her so closely that he was nearly sitting on her. She listened to his words silently, and said nothing in return, though what he had said plastered a large smile on her face. She leaned against him, nuzzling her snout into his fur, and then looked up at the stars. She was quiet and still like this for a time, and then a thought occurred to her. She didn’t know how Fang would take it, but there no way she could be sure of his response until she asked.

Clearing her throat and swallowing to try and give herself some time to think of how to word it, she finally spoke. So… does this make us mates? Here, the coywolf hesitated for a moment, afraid he would shy away from that word. Mates. I mean, I know you have a hard time expressing your feelings, but that’s what we are, I think. We might as well be. That doesn’t mean we have to actually mate. I’m too young to bear pups right now, anyways. But…

At this point, she was feeling much too embarrassed to continue, and didn’t know why. Normally, she was quite instinctive, so talking about being mates and mating shouldn’t have affected her the way it was. But it did. And she didn’t know how to stop it. So she just waited. There was nothing else to do at this point, after all…

298 Posts
Ooc — Fang
poor Fang he's so awkward

They sat in silence for a time, Fang simply enjoying her presence, when she finished nuzzling against him he leant against her gently for a moment, simply enjoying her being so close. His own thoughts drifted, trying to puzzle out why this small female made him act and feel like a yearling pup again. His ever present half smile etched across his face.

Does this make us mates? Once again he was brought back to reality by her words and once again he found himself virtually speechless. For a time she had barely spoken, so little that when she did it was like music. Now she was speaking of love, and mating. Again he did his best to keep his face free of expression, though he tensed as she offered her opinion on it all. Well. I. ..uhh He managed to mumble as her words whiz zed through his head. After all Fang was above most else, a male, and this was something like dangling a piece of fresh meat in front of a hungry lion. Taking a few deep breaths he tried to compose himself, before answering. If that's what you want. .. He trailed off quietly, letting the words sink in as he ran a series of licks along her muzzle and face once again. Content just to be in her presence.

Speech

thoughts