Blacktail Deer Plateau You're facin' down a dark hall, I'll grab my light
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Just a a guardian might establish a patrol route around the territory, Rue had developed a similar route which carried her from sickbed to sickbed. Most of the injured and ill packmates seemed to be improving, but to Rue there still seemed to be an air of defeat and discouragement hanging over the the pack. It was hard for the empathetic girl to see her packmates in pain, but she tried to maintain an upbeat attitude in hopes of staving off the winter blues. Rue had eagerly spread the news of the upcoming Yule party to any packmate she came across; good news seemed so hard to come by these days. 

Rue cut her rounds short to answer Kavik's call. A pack meeting was a wonderful idea, she thought-- for some inexplicable reason, lately Blacktail Deer Plateau felt more like an assortment of isolated loners than a true pack. It felt to Rue as if each packmate had chosen to hunker down and ride out the winter alone, instead of leaning on others for warmth, support, and encouragement. Perhaps this meeting would help restore pack morale and unity; it certainly couldn't hurt could it? 

Rue greeted Kavik with faint nod and a tight, understanding smile. She made no effort to conceal the stress in her expression, but Kavik would understand the Beta's strain. He too felt the weight of the pack's wellbeing upon his shoulders.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You're facin' down a dark hall, I'll grab my light - by Ruenna - December 16, 2018, 10:42 AM