Ankyra Sound a blackout oath i swore and meant but couldn't conjure up again
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
While Tux dealt with the irreparable truth that came like a dogged hound for every child the moment they realized their fundaments were merely mortal constructs, Raleska grappled with her own intuition. She had, in some ways, already abandoned much of her foundations -- but somewhere a voice in the back of her head was screaming incessantly that she was in danger.

She tried to override it, startling at his touch as he pressed against her. If he was at full health, and he turned upon her, their spat would be quick: Raleska was physically capable, but far smaller. She pushed against his weight instinctively, guiding him with shaky breaths. His question was left unanswered for several seconds, as a prickish voice reminded her that this might be information an enemy was interested, and not harmless casual conversation.

She decided to tell him the truth, albeit somewhat withheld. "They're not here anymore. Everything flooded. There's been earthquakes all over." Had he not been aware? Raleska realized, maybe Drageda had dispersed to somewhere far indeed, if destruction had never come to their doorstep the way it had come to Rusalka's. Maybe this was Fate's bitter sense of ironic retribution.

They were now twenty meters or so from the first dusting of snow -- how Raleska wished they could get there sooner -- so she could upend the burden of his skin against hers', and fight the sense of betrayal she felt welling within her.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
RE: a blackout oath i swore and meant but couldn't conjure up again - by Raleska - December 21, 2019, 04:01 PM