Stavanger Bay Think happy thoughts and fly, Peter Pan!
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
@Gunnar Since this comes after the thread with Thistle and Nerian, I'm going to write as if Julooke knows she's pregnant, but I won't say who told her since we don't know yet ^_^

Julooke walked along the familiar path, heading to the den of Thistle and Ragnar... and Nerian? Julooke wasn't sure of the sleeping arrangements, and since she didn't think it was any of her business, she wouldn't ask. Her walk was slow and leisurely, as if she was in no hurry to get anywhere. She was in a blissful daze since finding out she was pregnant. The signs had all been there, but in the mix of her attack, recovering, and dealing with the nightmares, she just hadn't seen them until someone had pointed them out. But, now that she knew, it was all she could think of. Her life as she knew it would never be the same, in a far better way.

She came to the clearing of her friend's den, and chuffed softly, before calling out, Tveir? She hadn't spent much time with him since her attack. She didn't want him to think she was avoiding him, and so decided today would be a day for just them. She waited patiently to see if he would come out and play.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Tveir heard the soft voice of his play mate from his position on the den floor in a sulk. There were so many changes going on that the young Loðbrók did not know how to take it. He hadn’t even seen Julooke in sometime, so her voice was a bit of surprise and though he enjoyed his time spent with her, he couldn’t help but be upset with her for not coming sooner. But his mother had told him, she had gotten hurt. So with worry on his young mind, and joy at seeing her he got to his feet and strode forth from the den, all gangly limbs and puppy eyes.

He grinned at her and licked her face Hello Joloo, mama says you was hurted. Your okay now yes? He wagged his tail until his entire body wiggled a habit he had yet to break, and it was on the wind whether or not he ever would. He was a happy boy for the most part, though he strived to do better than most, he was a Loðbrók after all and he needed to act the part.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He came out of the den, seemingly happy to see her. Her tail wagged as they closed the distance between them. She dipped her head to nuzzle him, and got puppy kisses in return. He asked if she was alright, and she nodded. Thanks to your Momma, I'm healing very well. Wanna see the scars? she asked, wondering what he might think of them.

Thinking it might be fun to get out and about, she asked, Hey, wanna go play by the lake? Before her attack, she might have suggested the beach, but she had reservations about going there alone.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Tveir smiled and giggled Yes momma good heawer! He dipped his muzzle and nosed at her throat happy to show her how much he missed her, she being his only adult friend really other than Verrine (i always spell that wrong i think) Yes Please he wagged his tail and looked up at her with all the adoration he could.

Tveir wiggled happily Yes Lets go lake Juloo Lake! he took off at a trot ever so often looking behind him to make sure she was coming, when he wasn't keeping his nose to the ground searching for the lake side.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
You got it right (Verrine) :-)

She nodded, smiling. Mikill heilari, [size=x-small]great healer[/size] she responded genuinely. Julooke was extremely grateful to Thistle for all that she had done, and for being there for her.

She extended her neck so that Tveir could look at the fresh scab that had covered the area of the puncture wounds. Also thanks to Thistle, she hadn't gotten an infection, and it seemed to be healing well. It itched much of the time, and every once in a while, she would feel a pinch of pain, but she chalked it up to healing pains.

He seemed excited by her suggestion, of which she was grateful. Við skulum fara! [size=x-small]Let's go![/size] she said, gesturing with her head, and then turning to head towards the lake. As they walked, a thought occurred to her. Hey, you want to learn how to fish? she asked. Tveir and his siblings were old enough now that they could learn some hunting techniques, maybe even help chase down prey in a few weeks.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
"icelandic translation here" (You can use this here to have your words defined

Tveir nodded his little chest puffed proud " Móðir mín frábær heilari" Tveir studied her neck and wrinkled his nose Dat’s yucky but at the same time he was fascinated by it and kept staring at it, he even sniffed at it gently, he would have licked it being as gross as little boys are want to do, but didn’t. He didn’t want to hurt her any more, she got hurt enough. Tveir wants to hurted that big bad wolf.

He followed her with his tail wagging so hard his body wiggled Fish? Yes please Juloo. he didn’t know what fishing was, but he would learn if Julooke was the one teaching him, he liked to learn from his caretaker, when his parents were not around. He giggled ready to go and learn.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
I know, it just bugs me that it makes my speak text a different color... XD

The young child agreed with her where his mother was concerned. Thistle was a very adept healer, and Julooke wouldn't be surprised if she achieved master in her trade soon. He sniffed at her wound, but otherwise seemed uninterested, which was fine with Julooke. He admitted he wanted to hurt the "big, bad wolf" who had done this to her. She smiled. One day, you'll be big enough to, she said, nuzzling his neck, thankful for him. He was such a sweet child, and Julooke hoped he kept that as he grew.

He seemed excited to learn how to fish, and Julooke figured she should be okay to teach him. They reached the edge of the lake, and Julooke looked over to Tveir, Wait right here and watch how I do it, she instructed, waiting to see if he would follow it. She waded into the water until she was about elbow deep, turning to face Tveir. You want to make sure the sun is behind you, so that your shadow doesn't scare the fish away, she said. Find a good spot for your paws. When you're in a river, the rocks can be really slippery and if you don't have a good stance, you'll fall in, she added. Looking into the water, she said, Now, we just wait until a fish comes by. This was the second hardest part about fishing. Julooke was usually a pretty active wolf, and it was difficult for her to stay still. Plus, it might take a little while for the fish to come back since she had been talking. She noticed before that the fish seem to sense her voice and get scared away.

It was a few minutes before she began seeing them here and there, and a few more minutes before she got her chance at one. It swam right next to her foreleg, and her head darted into the water, jaws open until she felt it against her teeth. She chomped down on it, making sure she had a good grip before she brought the struggling fish out of the water. It was a small one, and easy to carry over to shore. She dropped it next to Tveir, smiling and tail wagging. Wanna try to catch one next? she asked.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
okay thats fine i wasn't sure if you knew that is all, but I don't mind it the way you got it either :)

Tveir giggled as she nuzzled his neck and he licked the tip of her nose and muzzle. He was glad to have such a playmate. With father it was lessons and more lessons, he was always afraid to really play with father. Mother was or had been playful, but she hadn't been lately. So he was glad to have someone he could play with.

Tveir studied her form and he stepped forward into the water. He couldn't go as far as her clearly, but he could go up to his elbows and then while the small waves buffeted him he bent his nose to the surface and watched. At first he didn't see anything, but then he saw a fish and he jumped back so quickly because it was so close to him that he sat down in the water with a big splash.

He stood stiff legged and then looked down and he barked once or twice at the fish and then he snapped at them. He realized he wasn't doing very well and looked to Julooke again to get the stance correctly and he straightened his stance to mimic hers and then he waited.