Seaside Moors Once, you know, you were my friend.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
it isn’t the first time i’ve had a target on my back, traversing with one of those was something wintersbane was well versed in …which also meant he wasn’t afraid of it. of course it meant he had to be weary but they couldn’t be any worse than blackfeather woods. and i doubt it’ll be my last. not with his current string of decisions, at least. even so, he cannot help but wonder at how foolish it makes the wolves of rusalka that they bothered to have cubs if they were such a high price target.

he’s noticed the exposure of the moors; she brings to light his own question of their claim here: what, possibly, did it have to offer them? no fortification, not easily defensible …not that they had too many to offer defense; not when most of their numbers came from cubs not even yearlings yet. and then there were the coming wintermonths. how could this place possibly offer them shelter from the elements?

no one likes being uprooted time and time again, spoken from the experience of a being little more than a stray as a cub. there’s a lot of disadvantages to these moors from guardian perspective alone. let alone how it’s going to shelter and feed us in the coming months. on the topic of moving, raleska hardly how to convince him at all. so a territory must fit the criteria: easily defensible, natural fortifications, plenty of shelter and food sources and access to high migrating herd traffic. it would be helpful to bulk up caches now when they’re in their rut and not concerned about migrating.

as far as finding such a place, wintersbane is well travelled and a few pop into his head without much prompt. i know these wilds well. there are plenty of territories that could easily fit the criteria …the options should be narrowed down though. are you thinking inland or staying on the coast?

and on the topic of wars no one was ready for…

what is rusalka’s stance on allies? i have some connections, old friends in high places i could call upon. but as it was, wintersbane wasn’t really sure what rusalka had to offer any other pack.
Messages In This Thread
Once, you know, you were my friend. - by Raleska - October 13, 2020, 12:36 PM
RE: Once, you know, you were my friend. - by Raleska - October 13, 2020, 12:56 PM
RE: Once, you know, you were my friend. - by Raleska - October 13, 2020, 01:40 PM
RE: Once, you know, you were my friend. - by Raleska - October 13, 2020, 02:02 PM
RE: Once, you know, you were my friend. - by Raleska - October 13, 2020, 05:35 PM
RE: Once, you know, you were my friend. - by RIP Wintersbane - October 14, 2020, 10:07 AM
RE: Once, you know, you were my friend. - by Raleska - October 14, 2020, 01:03 PM
RE: Once, you know, you were my friend. - by Raleska - October 14, 2020, 01:57 PM
RE: Once, you know, you were my friend. - by Raleska - October 14, 2020, 03:34 PM