Does a character with no account count as a pack member?
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
So, branching off of what was discussed in this HD thread, what if pups are born into a pack but accounts are not created for them? The idea is that they would be powerplayed as background characters similar to the way our NPC characters are played. 

1. Is this allowed? 
2. If a pup doesn't have an account, does the pup count toward the total number of pack members? 
3. If this is allowed, how long could the pup be powerplayed before it has to be either exited or given an actual account? My gut is telling me up to 6 months of age, because that aligns with the cutoff for NPC pups

Just trying to see how much wiggle room we might have when family planning. Thanks for your attention to this!
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
No, unfortunately, this would not be allowed. In order for a puppy, or any NPC named character, to exist in the game world, they require an account. For pack characters, they also need to be ranked as an NPC for visibility. This is admittedly not super clear in our NPC Guidelines, but has been the case for a little while now, so I'll add clarification to that Help Doc!