Jade Fern Grove everything costs
Hushed Willows
1,526 Posts
Ooc — xynien
It was the kind of moment that could have lasted forever. The kind people spend their whole lives chasing, again and again, because in the end — it was only a moment, and faded as they all do. A stolen glimpse of something pure and fragile, until the song faded and her feet stilled and reality settled in around them. And then it was The Gilded Sea hanging heavy between them. It was a wall of fire. They were just two broken things, their pasts etched into the shattered lines of them. She could feel the freedom of the moment slipping through the cracks, the light dying. But this moment — it didn't belong to The Gilded Sea. This moment was hers to break.
It should have been you, Ugly thoughts and ugly words, but there was no malice in her voice as she struck at the delicate peace between them. How many times had she thought about those words? The anger was gone now; this was something colder and deeper than anger could ever run, something forged in the snow alone and under the stars. That was the first thing mom said to me, after Rose. Do you remember how she screamed at me, how they both did? And you sat there, and did nothing -
She was crying; when had that happened? I don't want you here, Everett. Leave. Don't go back - don't ever go back there - just go somewhere else. I love you, but -
But I don't want to.
Messages In This Thread
everything costs - by Everett - January 21, 2023, 11:29 AM
RE: everything costs - by Reverie - January 21, 2023, 12:20 PM
RE: everything costs - by Everett - January 21, 2023, 06:19 PM
RE: everything costs - by Reverie - January 21, 2023, 07:03 PM
RE: everything costs - by Everett - January 22, 2023, 09:57 AM
RE: everything costs - by Reverie - January 22, 2023, 10:59 AM
RE: everything costs - by Everett - January 23, 2023, 01:31 PM
RE: everything costs - by Reverie - January 23, 2023, 02:15 PM
RE: everything costs - by Everett - January 23, 2023, 08:51 PM
RE: everything costs - by Reverie - January 23, 2023, 09:06 PM