Hoshor Plains We picked up the shards and formed them into shapes of stars
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Rainchaser
Sumac blinked slowly as an unnamed emotion swept through him. For Minnow to have endured something so intense, so traumatic, that even Easy didn't recognize her upon her return said volumes. Mixed feelings swirled in his head - a part of him was grateful that he'd found his feet again so soon after his own tragedy, but another part of him was devastated for the sweet, lovely girl he'd come to admire.

Still on his back, his amber gaze snapped to Easy's own as her voice adopted a grave tone.

You know if wasn't your fault, right?

It wasn't your fault.

It wasn't your fault.

The words hit him like derecho and squeezed at his heart. He swallowed painfully, his eyes darting back to the starlight above.

"Thanks, Easy," he finally said in low, deep tones laden with so much emotion, "I think somehow, deep down, I know that, but part of me finds it easier and more comfortable to beat myself up over it... As if doing that will help me keep it from happening again, from having to feel that pain about losing someone else."

He stayed stock-still at Easy's words, allowing her wisdom to cascade over him like a gentle rain. All he could do was nod as his voice fled from him, his throat tight. After a few silent moments of watching a series of glittering shooting stars streak across the silken black of the sky, 'Mac's voice finally returned.

"You're right, Easy. I can just be the best I can for those I love... I can't control outcomes. All I can do is act with love in each moment."

Once again, he was overcome with intense gratitude at having found her. Easy had so quickly become his new family, he realized. Perhaps he was meant to find her. A soft smile played at his lips as he rolled back upright, pausing a moment to savor a gentle breeze that rose up from the plains.

"Easy?" he said gently, "Thank you. For everything. I'm so glad we found each other."
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
RE: We picked up the shards and formed them into shapes of stars - by Sumac - January 18, 2024, 07:51 AM