Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,221 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
All Welcome 
Kigipigak ventured to the border where his land cut close to where @Njord and Meerkat made their home. It was a great distance for one man to cover in a day, but he was pleased to do it. The giddiness he felt for the birth of his children was what fueled him now, as he came to proudly stalk among the trees.

There, he tilted his chin up and called with his deep voice, Njord! I have good news!

He could have said more, and wanted to; but it was smarter to keep such details to himself until his aokatti appeared. Kigipigak did not want to invite any unwanted elements so close to his village in case they heard him and thought to take advantage.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Sorry for the short post! <3 love a thread with these two!

Life was good in the Copse. Otter and Skipjack had already doubled their weight, Orca had returned to them, and the pack thrived. They had come out of the Winter stronger than ever, and so the Laired looked forward to a bountiful summer.

He was pleased to hear Kalutuk’s call! Meerkat had explained how he and his new mate had settled in Cedar Sweep, as well as the contention between them and the moon villages.

“My friend!”
Njord called, voice filled with mirth, when he appeared through the treeline.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Moonglow
Kappa

1,221 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Note to self: this is before one of the kids rips.

When the man appeared, Kigipigak rushed him. He was rough in his handling as always, offering a shoulder-to-shoulder greeting, some snapping teeth meant in jest, and then the boom of his voice:

It is good to see you! Kigipigak exclaimed, then paused when he noticed the shifted scents upon the man's coat. You are a father! We are fathers together! That is what I came to tell you. It is a good day for us both.

He laughed; it was deep and booming like trees being felled across the forest, and for once Kigipigak was genuinely happy. I have two more sons, and two daughters! Girls! This was still such a shock for the man, but he was thrilled to raise two future issumatar.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Kigipigak’s jolly nature was infectious. The softhearted man toughened up and returned his friend’s roughewn advances.

“Four!” Njord exclaimed merrily. Yet, in the back of his mind, this worried the Laird. Meerkat had unsuccessfully tried to convince Asivaq and her husband to join them at the Copse. With four mouths to feed, would the pair and their small family thrive? Little did he know that soon one of their children would return to nature.

“Meerkat delivered two,” Njord explained. “A boy, Skipjack, and a girl, Otter.” The happy expression on the man’s face spoke volumes.

Tell me their names,” Njord asked. “Do they take after their father or mother?” he laughed.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Moonglow
Kappa

1,221 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
He felt only pride in the sense that his wife was powerful, his children healthy, his life having come to a place of fruition that had settled something in his spirit; and to share that now with his aokatti was a blessing! To hear of Njord's own pair born, Skipjack and Otter, linked the two as fathers together, and brothers, and family which Kigipigak did not take for granted.

In the tradition of Tartok, they are named for their birth order. Atausiq is a ruddy girl like a fox; so is her sister Malguk, but this second girl is a fighter and is never still! My sons Pinasut and Sisamat have shown themselves to be quiet creatures. Sisamat in particular looks much like those of the north! It was almost an even split. The girls were like their mother, the boys like their father, and Kigipigak was thrilled.

When they are old enough will will visit, and they will meet their cousins! It seemed a natural progression of things. It was good to have family so close, especially in the form of a fellow Tartok wolf like Njord.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Njord’s expression grew warm as words of admiration for his children poured from Kigipigak’s mouth. The prospect of having his Aokatti’s brood grow up alongside his own was pleasant and it brought back memories of Seal, Orca, Towhee Jr, Sable, Acrux, and Maggak’s childhood.

“Aye, that’d be bonnie,” he agreed. The thought struck Njord, too, that his children had Tartok connections on both sides of their lineage through Tuwawi and Kaertok. Perhaps, someday, one would seek that path.

“And Asivaq?”
he asked after Kigipigak’s wife. “How is she?” It was her first litter... and to be without Kukutux, no matter the discord between mother and daughter, must have been difficult.

Moonglow
Kappa

1,221 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
He imagined how his son would grow strong like his father, learning from Kigipigak and Stratos, and hopefully Njord; he envisioned his daughters growing broad and beautiful, and maybe being charmed by the boys of the Copse. Perhaps one day their families would be truly united!

Njord asked after Asivaq. The man sobered somewhat. She is strong. I cannot fathom the struggle of a new mother truly, but she is not alone. Her brother found us, so he is of great help. He did not mean to discredit the abilities of his woman by mentioning another man, but that might have been conveyed.

It is early days yet. She sleeps, and so do the babies. It is oddly peaceful! At least for now.
Inupiaq. · Common.