Emberwood Closeness breeds familiarity
Kvarsheim
Anda*
Humble not Meek
116 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Nearly a year old. Sven had inherited his father's stockiness. But his fur was darker and peppered with pinpricks of stars. A scent had come to him on the wind. One he knew, but couldn't quite place it. But he knew it was someone he had loved once. Someone who knew their father, possibly even had been raised by their father or something. Fadir had raised and taken in so many. Sven wasn't even sure of all of them anymore.

HE found himself at the edge of a forest with large golden boughs. It enclosed a small forest, where pinpricks of light danced along the edges and rich soil gleamed beneath their lifted branches. Curious he sniffed, but stopped at the edge of the borderline. Someone was making a home here, but who?
Because he was raised speaking both Icelandic and English. He has a slight accent when he speaks English
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,496 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie would never forget her youngest siblings by Gunnar. She recognized Sven by scent; her tail waved merrily as she approached, calling out, Sven! Her eyes were bright.

Oh, you've grown so much... A gentle smile lit her features. How is Gunnar lately? They weren't far from Kvarsheim now. Soon she would need to bring her youngest children to meet their grandfather. He would love them, she knew.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Kvarsheim
Anda*
Humble not Meek
116 Posts
Ooc — Danni
When she arrived Sven knew who she was a smile lit up his face. He wagged his tail. Nose reaching towards her. 

Hello Reverie!

Though her next questions and he felt his heart slip to his toes. He bent his head down. They hadn't been able to send anyone to look for Reverie. No one had known where she was. It fell to him to be the bearer of bad news.

He passed away Reverie. Fadir went to Valhalla.
Because he was raised speaking both Icelandic and English. He has a slight accent when he speaks English
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,496 Posts
Ooc — xynien
His expression changed. Reverie knew even as denial reared its frantic head with rapid-fire assumptions: Gunnar was sick, Gunnar was hurt, he was unwell, he —

He passed away, Reverie.

No, The word slipped from her reflexively, little more than a gasp. She wanted to ask how, but she knew; she wanted to ask when, but she didn't want to know. Did it truly matter? Either way, she hadn't been there.

Reverie fell into a sit, eyes hot but strangely dry. She couldn't feel the sun on her fur anymore. Gunnar was gone. Her father was gone, her true father, the only one who had ever made her feel truly accepted. The one who had taught her family all over again, who had taught her how to love as a daughter and a sister and a mother. He'd taught her so many things. He would never teach her anything again.

You don't get to make her death about you.

Akavir's voice, always in her ears in moments like these. Always reminding her that grief was for those who could love with their whole heart. Not her. Save your act.

If it was all just an act, why did it hurt so much?

I'm sorry, Reverie said finally, voice breaking. I'm sorry I wasn't there, I - It's not about you. She drew in a shaky breath. I'm sorry. Are you... are you okay, Sven?
Kvarsheim
Anda*
Humble not Meek
116 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Their fadir had been sick and weak. He had been tired. He had been confused inthe end, but ever steadfast. Ever there. And even now the children of Gunnar Lodbruk still reeled, and missed him. Wished he was here.

Sven flinched. He knew how she felt. Had felt it. So without a thought he trailed forward to pull her into the tightest hug he could muster. IF she would let him. They could sit in their grief together. They could miss Fadir together.

Sven curled into her tightly. His voice soft and sad. I am okay Reverie. I've had time. You haven't are you okay? I know you miss him as much as us. Loved him as much as us, possibly more. you knew him longer.

He ran a muzzle along her shoulder if she'd allow any of these touches he wasn't sure. But he didn't know what else to do. His sister just found out their father was gone. He couldn't even imagine how awful that pain must be.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,496 Posts
Ooc — xynien
He was so kind, this brother she didn't truly know; should have known. So thoughtful. With a small gasp Reverie surrendered to her tears and his embrace. The moment was oddly surreal; she half-expected to wake any moment and find that it was all a dream, and Sven was still just a boy and Gunnar waiting for her at Kvarsheim with open arms.

Even that was a cruel fantasy in its way. Gunnar, forever waiting for a daughter who would not come home. Not in time. Reverie clung tightly to Sven, unable to answer for long moments as she sobbed into his fur.

I - I can't - Voice not breaking so much as crumbling now; I can't lose him, I can't, I can't and he's - he's already gone. I've had time. Gone, and she hadn't been there. She'd never said goodbye. She'd never told him just how much he meant to her, how he'd changed everything, how she owed all that she had now to the love and wisdom he'd given so freely. If not for him she surely would have died in this valley long ago.

But Gunnar had always had a way of knowing things. So she hoped that somehow, he knew.
Kvarsheim
Anda*
Humble not Meek
116 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sven wasn't sure if he was doing this right. If he was easing her pain or making it worse. He hoped he was helping.

He often wanted their fadir. Wanted him to rub their heads and tell them it was all okay.

Fadir said he's always here. Hes in the eay we breath and the things we do. In our hearts and minds. And to just live happy.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,496 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie was reminded then that her brother was still so young, still a boy in some ways. He echoed their father's wisdom like a lantern he clutched to guide him through the darkness; he hadn't yet learned to make his own light. She didn't think she had either. She wasn't sure she ever would, or if that was normal, or if some people just got lucky.

All she knew was that she was supposed to try to be — stronger. Wiser.

So she calmed herself and her sobs, still holding Sven tightly. He is, She agreed, voice still thick with tears. His - his love is always with us, all of us. And the wisdom he gave us.

Reverie shifted to press her muzzle to Sven's forehead.

And our love for each other, She murmured, promising herself then that she wouldn't let herself go so long without visiting her younger siblings again.
Kvarsheim
Anda*
Humble not Meek
116 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sven was a boy, not yet a man. But with man's responsibilities. A pack to lead. Caches to fill. Family to take csre of. And he understood this crushing weight was not normal, but what was he to do. Leave them all to fend for themselves?

Reverie seemed to calm down, and he was glad for it. Mostly because he had never really been around crying...Astrid screamed and bullied. Ujurak went silent and Kristjan fretted.

Yes very true. he licked her along her ear. I am sorry you had to find out this way. Ujurak would have probably been better at telling you.