Hushed Willows I wanna turn the whole thing upside down
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,438 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Pack Activity 
The high ledge central to the Hushed Willows was the perfect place for any dignified leader to hold a pack meeting. It'd been her husband's choice, so naturally Reverie had gravitated there when she felt it was time to call the pack together. She'd left the children with @Everett, assuring him that she could handle this alone.

But now that she was here, it just didn't feel right to stand on the ledge and stare down at everyone. It didn't feel much like her.

So what would she do?

It only took a few moments to come up with the answer. By the time Reverie called out for her pack, for @Dusty Rose and @Abel and @Reina and the rest, the top of the meeting ledge was largely obscured by a haphazard wall of branches and twigs. They would find that their leader was nowhere to be seen — but they wouldn't wonder where she was for long.

The first wolves to arrive would be greeted with a showering of leaves and flowers from above as Reverie chucked them over the wall.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Hushed Willows
Dancer
hi im baby
139 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Dusty Rose appeared as if conjured from cool spring air, popping out of the woodwork as was his wont. Not the literal woodwork, though — because Reverie was actually occupying that today. The coywolf could appreciate a good stick pile probably better than anyone else on the planet. Being showered with detritus, though?

Probably like fifth or sixth most appreciative of that. There were some weird guys out there, after all.

"And it's not even my wedding day," he commented, charmed by the greeting. He picked up one with an especially long stem, thinking it might be funny to tuck it behind Tybalt's ear when he arrived.
* Dusty is a little shit who is always up in people's business. Feel free to bite him and inflict minor injuries without asking permission.
Hushed Willows
Singer
149 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Tybault, for his part, was unamused. He'd been trailing his sister idly from a distance, as he often did when she was away from her den, so he'd been quicker than most to answer the call. Even so, Dusty Rose was there first.

Which really just meant he got the first dose of leaves and flowers to the face, so who was really winning here? The fuck? Tybault muttered to himself, shielding his face while he peered up at the ledge and tried to spot his sister behind the branches. Reve- He was interrupted by a mouthful of flowers which left him choking and spitting.

He hated it here sometimes.
Experimenting with my writing; style may vary a bit!
Hushed Willows
Singer
158 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Heeding the call sent out by Reverie, Reina jogged into the area just in time to see raining flora assault both Dusty Rose and Tybault. Cream paws skidded to a stop before she doubled over in a fit of laughter. 

“Oh—oh, my! Guys, you look absolutely radiant!” Her eyes twinkled with mirth as she regarded both males and the leader spot above them. The flowers and leaves continued to rain down over the wooded wall and the sight was marvelous!

Reverie was making this leadership position her own and Reina was glad for it. For Reverie, too—Boone would surely be smiling down on her, proud of his wife for her efforts.

And, Reina, bless her, couldn’t help the swell of emotions in her heart for the Angel above. If only things were different, but now was not the time to dwell on such things. 

It was time for pack business. So, with that in mind, she sat on her haunches and waited for others to arrive and the meeting to start.

Her eyes, though, would not leave the wooded wall.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Hushed Willows
Singer
104 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9
Unfashionably late; a fitting arrival for the willow's elsuive singer. In being one of the last, he was unprepared for the surprise that awaited him.

Ah—!

A headful (nearly mouthful as he looked up to try to spot Reverie—!) of fresh flowers and leaves. Spring had certaintly sprung, and the queen made sure everyone in attendance knew.

Well, this is... unexpected? And quite honestly an improvemt to his usual bedraggled appearance. If that wasn't something to smile at, the absurdity of seeing all of them covered in foliage was. It even bought out a chuckle from him.
Hushed Willows
Dancer
omnipotent society of youth
157 Posts
Ooc — cas
cameo unless addressed!

he'd never witnessed such an explicitly joyous occasion; and all the blurs of newly gathered faces quickly overwhelmed him. he slunk backwards—he stopped for a tick.

he swore he knew one of these boys. he, too, was familiar only faintly by smell. a stray child, who his father returned to his mother ...

he fixated on his features like gargoyle perched over hearthstone, his jaw fixing itself into its taut disposition, and probably didn't imagine himself as creepily (especially with one scrambled looking eye, eyeesh) as he rightfully seemed.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,438 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Next round goes up on the 27th!
Tybault was a stick in the mud, as usual, but Reverie was delighted with the reactions of the rest of her friends. They might have heard a faint giggle or two from behind the wall of branches. It didn't take long for her to run out of leaves and flowers to throw. When the last of them were spiraling through the air, Reverie darted down the path from the ledge, calling out to Tybault:

You'd better get used to bugs in your mouth, because we're going on a road trip!

She came to a halt in front of the ledge and turned to face everyone, only a little breathless. Everett and I have decided to take the girls traveling through the spring and summer. We're going to visit different packs - we'll be back in time for autumn, though. Her eyes were bright as she addressed them, tail swaying slowly.

We won't try to force anyone to come with us. If any of you would rather stay behind, that's okay. But it's going to be a lot of fun! We'll throw parties. Get to know the other packs, trade with them.

We'll be leaving in two or three weeks, I think. We have plenty of skins for carrying things, and we can hunt along the way, but we need more herbs. It'll be important to stay healthy while we travel, Reverie paused then, gaze searching each of them. So... what do you think?
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Hushed Willows
Dancer
hi im baby
139 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Ah, Tybault! Dusty Rose kept his expression serene, his eyes soft and doting in a way that could only truly be derision, based on their history. He offered the other man a pristine flower, aphotic blue eyes blinking sweetly. He might have needled him further if Reina hadn't arrived on the scene, drawing his attention away from the sourpuss and shifting his expression to true, wily delight.

"I've been told I'm a spring," he replied, apparently in agreement as he struck a comically dainty pose. It was at an odd contrast with the often furtive or challenging set of his shoulders — and something only Reverie might recognize from their dancing classes.

Others arrived, and Dusty Rose settled in without making any further nuisance of himself. The gathering's purpose was soon announced, and the coywolf found his tail wheeling in excitement as he contemplated the trip. He hadn't been out and about very much since the kids were born. This would be a chance to stretch his legs — and to see them stretch their very small ones. It didn't strike Dusty Rose as the best or safest idea, but it wasn't as though Reverie couldn't make more of them if they lost a few along the way. These things happened, after all.

He was mad at her all over again for naming them. If she hadn't, he wouldn't be thinking about little Foxglove in particular. He wouldn't have a favorite, and so the idea of losing one wouldn't have made him so sad or nervous.

Still.

"Sure. Count me in," he said with an idle swish of his tail.
* Dusty is a little shit who is always up in people's business. Feel free to bite him and inflict minor injuries without asking permission.