Noctisardor Bypass Wish you could see
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
812 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
All Welcome 
Man of surf and sand. Could he even claim that right anymore. He had been as long away from the ocean now as he had belonged to it. And he felt her absence like an ever blooming ache. He missed the sound of the waves on the rocks. The gentle murmuings of his family as they moved throughout the cliffs.

But more than anything else he missed someone asking him about himself. Checking on him. Oh Fiona had tried to do so. But she had wounded Etienne when he was trying to help a sick one.

She had stomped on his insecurities and made him feel less than. And then she had stared at him with judgement. He would be lying if he said he couldn't be prideful, he could. And when healing was such a part of you. Well.

Was it fair of course not. Did he feel justified in his discomfort around her? His want to keep his life away from her prying questions and even more prying gaze? Yes.

He found himself at the edge of the border. Staring out as the sun set beyond. If he could just look. The sea was right there. He could go home. And yet. Was it home? Did his family even want him? Or was it going to be more of a need.

Who was he kidding no one really wanted him. They needed him. Even Heda had made that clear. They just needed him.

He was poised to run. Golden eyes on the horizon. Muscles bunched and tight in runner's stance. But he just stayed frozen like that. Wondering. And waiting. And he had no idea why.
Rivenwood
Birch
116 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Ana hadn't found much interest in the others at the bypass. She kept close to @Ava Amara and @Heda, avoiding those she did not know. She didn't think they would like to know her anyway. Few did.

Yet she was intrigued when she found a man at the borders, frozen as if he'd meant to start running just before time itself had stopped. Ana glanced around. The wilds went on around them, undisturbed. Time moved the same as it always had.

So what was wrong with him?

After a moment she stepped closer, clicking tentatively.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
812 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne knew he should get to know others. More bodies were making up Rivenwood now. Many young. And here he was. Preferring to stay on the outskirts. Keeping to a few friendly faces. Though he had not many of those anymore. He had even taken to avoiding Heda.

A soft click and his ears lowered to his skull. One tufted up and flicked before he turned to look at his companion.

He loosened his legs and shifted. 'ello. voice quiet as always.
Rivenwood
Birch
116 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Ana studied him, curiosity apparent in her large expressive eyes. The air around him was tinged with sorrow, much like her mother and sister. For a moment she only stared. What had happened here?

What had happened to her family in her absence?

Did she deserve to know?

She took another step closer, moving to settle at his side. You're sad, Ana commented quietly, no longer looking at him but at the sky. Is it because you're alone?
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
812 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Eti wasn't sure if he had ever known a life without sorrow. He had lost his brother, then his granmes. Then when he had begun to find a new path. The man leading him dispersed. Then he had been near an angry boy who he loved, and it hurt. Now this current dead sea affair.

He chuckled sadly softly. Yes and no. I miss 'ome, but not sure if i belong dere Eider. And 'ere, well 'ere makes me sad. I'm Etienne, but you can be callin' me Eti.
Rivenwood
Birch
116 Posts
Ooc — xynien
I'm Ana.

The Anathema.

I don't belong anywhere either, Her gaze remained on the sky. Etienne. Eti. Ana was struck by the similarities she saw between them already. She thought of Lomion, the man she'd thought was like her. He hadn't been. But maybe Eti was. And I miss home too.

I miss the sea.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
812 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
'ello Ana.

He smiled at her kindly. He had belonged once upon a time. Perhaps even still. But at this time. He was adrift.

He chuckled. That be my 'ome too. I lived in de cliffs of Sapp'ique wit' my mama and sister and brudder 'teo. Granmes and aunties.