Rising Sun Valley these battle scars don't fade
<i><div><span style="color:#9e0000;">A</span><span style="color:#980101;">u</span><span style="color:#920202;">t</span><span style="color:#8c0303;"> </span><span style="color:#870404;">V</span><span style="color:#810505;">i</span><span style="color:#7b0605;">n</span><span style="color:#750706;">c</span><span style="color:#6f0807;">e</span><span style="color:#690908;">r</span><span style="color:#630a09;">e</span><span style="color:#5d0b0a;"> </span><span style="color:#580b0b;">A</span><span style="color:#520c0c;">u</span><span style="color:#4c0d0d;">t</span><span style="color:#460e0e;"> </span><span style="color:#400f0f;">M</span><span style="color:#3a1010;">o</span><span style="color:#341110;">r</span><span style="color:#2e1211;">i</span></div><div></div><div><span style="color:#291312;">E</span><span style="color:#231413;">i</span><span style="color:#1d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#171615;">h</span><span style="color:#1d1615;">e</span><span style="color:#221515;">r</span><span style="color:#281514;"> </span><span style="color:#2d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#331514;">o</span><span style="color:#391414;"> </span><span style="color:#3e1413;">C</span><span style="color:#441413;">o</span><span style="color:#491413;">n</span><span style="color:#4f1313;">q</span><span style="color:#551313;">u</span><span style="color:#5a1312;">e</span><span style="color:#601312;">r</span><span style="color:#661212;"> </span><span style="color:#6b1212;">o</span><span style="color:#711212;">r</span><span style="color:#761211;"> </span><span style="color:#7c1111;">t</span><span style="color:#821111;">o</span><span style="color:#871111;"> </span><span style="color:#8d1110;">D</span><span style="color:#921010;">i</span><span style="color:#981010;">e</span></div></i>
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
If you have time @Scimitar :)

<style type="text/css"> r3 {color: #87CEFA; font-size: 12px;} .r3box {background-color: #000000; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/9MixFRS.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; border: 1px solid #261615;} .r3text {margin: auto; width: 380px; color:#696969; text-indent: 15px; font-family: Augustus; line-height: 17px; font-size: 12.5px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 670px; margin-top: 20px;}</style>

The boy of shadows had waited long enough, he could only hope his former wife still loved him enough, loved their pups enough to talk to Scimitar. Because nothing could be achieved if they refused to talk, he could only pray to the gods that they would grant the burly male and himself some patience as they (hopefully) talked. Shadow had prayed to the gods that night, begging them to make it work, to prove that the fates and the gods were not as cruel, merciless and ruthless as they made themselves to be. I bear your mark, shining father, a mark I know no normal wolf can have before they shrivel and die. I live, great king, grant me patience and grant my wishes, I pray to you and all the gods. If I am truly your descendant, great three, Neptune, Jupiter, Pluto, then I beg you to grant me this. He took a deep breath then continued. I, Hadrian Nox Shadow Angelus Mortis, descendant of Pluto, Jupiter and Neptune, faithful servant of the gods of Olympus, Imperator of the first Legion of Rome, Noctisardor Bypass. Child of Rome. I have served you since I was born, grant me this one wish. And with his great silver crown lowered, he finished his prayer.

Shadow gazed into the clear water of the river, his own reflection staring back. No blood leaked out of his wounds now, though they glowed crimson against his pale platinum fur. The talons dug deep into his flesh and when all the blood vanished, he could see the mark that the king gave him resembled a bolt of lightning, the ones his mother drew on the ground as she told him stories of the gods. Its the symbol of your ancestor, little one, he remembered her soft voice and wondered if his own kids would ever know the stories of Rome, or just the stories of Paar's world? At least they would have something he never had, something hopefully Swiftcurrent Creek would be able to offer them, a home, a loving family. Pain struck at his heart, strong and unyielding was his love to his wife and unborn children, afraid he would not be able to ever see them but glad they would have a better life than he had. Anger at Paarthurnax, that she could run away with his and her children, knowing he might never see them, and yet be happy, reunited with her friends, their litter probably raised with Bazi and Scimitar as their other parents. The Roman would make sure that would never happen, not while he still roamed here on the living's land.

Tossing away his angry thoughts, for that would not help when he attempted to talk 'peacefully' with Scimitar. Shadow sighed, rose to his full height and made his way to the borders of the Creek. A respectable distance away from the borders, he began pacing, wondering if he should howl for the wolf or just wait for him to patrol his lands. A responsible leader always kept his pack safe first. Emotions whirled underneath the Roman's stoic mask and he continued pacing, deciding to wait and see if Scimitar would approach.

he came and stole the wild
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
This has become AW for all Creek wolves as per Will's request. Tagging evertone to join in if they so wish -- @Kaskara @Galileo @Dovev @Falwasi @Star @Bazi @Paarthurnax @Kieran @Nefarious @Kaede @Saber

Since his discussion with Paarthurnax and the meeting with the Creek wolves, Scimitar had practically lived upon the borders. The pale Noctisardor Bypass wolf that had gotten through their home previously was still fresh on his mind – and if Shadow had desired malice for the pack when he had sent him, he could only imagine how much more that had grown since his wife had left him, pregnant with their children to a pack he had made more than clear that he despised.

With his growing agitation, the cinnamon regal was done waiting, however. The threat of his nemesis loomed ahead, picking away at his tension.. to a point that the Frostfur wondered if he would erupt. Had it been solely up to him, he would have gathered his warriors – Dovve, Falwasi, Kaskara, Estoc, Saber and perhaps even a few of the new recruits and simply raided the pack until they got the message – thus far, the cinnamon male had done nothing to his enemy, while Shadow had seen fit to harass his members and send interlopers through his lands.

It would be well deserved, but entirely against Paarthurnax’s wishes. And his love for her (entirely as a friend) would not allow him to do such – not unless the bastard kept pushing his limits.

It came as no surprise to him when Shadow’s scent teased at his nostrils, and with a quickened pace, the Creek Alpha came upon the roman – begrudgingly noting that he at least had the decency this time to respect pack borders. His features blanked to a stoical nature – a protective mask that’s settled easily over his features, especially moreso these days as he came to full view before the silver male. His figure was proud, but he did not air a boastful pride at the position his opponent now faced. Scimitar might have been hotheaded, but arrogance, unlike the grey wolf before him, had never fit him well. “I heard you wanted to talk to me,” he began, his tone still and to the point – regardless of how Shadow knew it was him he needed to talk to and not Bazi was beyond Scimitar, but again, the Creek male was not surprised.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#000;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #000;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><b><FONT COLOR="#5a0b0b">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5a0c0c">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#590d0d">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#580f0e">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#56100f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#551110">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#541211">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#531311">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#521512">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#511613">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#501714">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4f1815"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#4d1a16">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4c1b17">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4b1c18">k</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4a1d19">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#491e1a"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#48201b">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#47211c">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#46221d">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#44231d">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#43241e">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#42261f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#412720">b</FONT><FONT COLOR="#402821">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3f2922">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3e2a23">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3c2c24">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3b2d25">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3a2e26"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#392f27">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#383128">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#373228">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#363329"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#35342a">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#33352b">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#32372c">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#31382d">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#30382d">d</FONT></i></b></span></p>
53 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
*Tosses Fari in the pot* Might use this towards Warden if that's alright! <3

Since the meeting Nefarious had rearranged his trade priorities, spending more time on the borders than he had previously, fueled by the knowledge that they could expect an unwelcome visitor at any given time. Scimitar's warning had been the likely one they were going to receive and Nefarious was determined to prove his worth to the pack and earn his place within their ranks. If that meant sticking his medicinal (and poison) caches onto the back burner tending to them only when he had the spare time then that was what he would do. His Voodoo magicks wasn't going anywhere, and most of the things he needed to perform his curses and make his talismans could only be found within the season of re-birth — Spring and even Summer. He collected what he could — the plants and berries that did not die in the harsh chill of winter, and the ones that he knew, though learning of what was indigenous to the Wilds was more of a process than he had first anticipated it to be. The shift of trade priorities, however, had taken precedent and most of Nefarious' days were spent on the borders of Swiftcurrent Creek.

On numerous occasions, the shaman had considered it a shame that he had no talismans ready to ward off those who sought them with ill intentions, though Nefarious also considered that placing them about the borders was something he definitely wanted to check with the authority of the pack, first. To some religion and voodoo wasn't believed in and to others it was terrifying and offensive. Mostly, this was why Nefarious kept it quiet though he was hardly ashamed of himself, or in his Gods.

It had been on a patrol of the borders that he caught the scent of one, the scent of the man heavy with the scent of the Bypass, a scent that was familiar to Nefarious due to his run-in with a male called Silvermane a few weeks ago. Immediately, this caught his attention and the shaman wasted no time making it to the compartmentalized sections of the invisible borders he liked to keep them organized with in his mind where the scent was originating from. When he approached the scene, close enough to glimpse at both males, Nefarious took note that Scimitar had beat him there, and had arrived just in time to hear Scimitar's question to the silver colored male that Nefarious automatically assumed was this “Shadow” that had fathered Paar's children. It was because of this that Nefarious did not bow out and allow Scimitar to handle it on his own. Likely, the Alpha did not need the shaman's help yet even still the shaman moved closer, submitting to Scimitar before he lingered, a bit away but still close enough to jump to his alpha's side should the situation turn hostile.

For the moment the shaman opted to remain as a silent, watchful sentry, pumpkin orange gaze focused on the Unwelcome lingering a respectful distance from their borders.

<div><span style="color:#036b95;">A</span><span style="color:#1679a1;">l</span><span style="color:#2987ad;">l</span><span style="color:#3c96b8;"> </span><span style="color:#4fa4c4;">B</span><span style="color:#62b2d0;">e</span><span style="color:#75c0dc;">g</span><span style="color:#88cfe7;">i</span><span style="color:#9bddf3;">n</span><span style="color:#aeebff;">n</span><span style="color:#9bddf3;">i</span><span style="color:#88cfe7;">n</span><span style="color:#75c0dc;">g</span><span style="color:#62b2d0;">s</span><span style="color:#4fa4c4;"> </span><span style="color:#3c96b8;">n</span><span style="color:#2987ad;">e</span><span style="color:#1679a1;">e</span><span style="color:#036b95;">d</span><span style="color:#1679a1;"> </span><span style="color:#2987ad;">E</span><span style="color:#3c96b8;">n</span><span style="color:#4fa4c4;">d</span><span style="color:#62b2d0;">i</span><span style="color:#75c0dc;">n</span><span style="color:#88cfe7;">g</span><span style="color:#9bddf3;">s</span><span style="color:#aeebff;">.</span></div>
49 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Saber had heard the voices, as they snaked across the Creek borders. Saber was sure nearly any Warden trades or nearby patrolling packmates had heard, but he had no clue whether or not they would have the same amount of pace he held as he raced to be in proximity of their creator.
His brother, and another. A stonepelt.

The FrostFur awaited the arrival of others, noting the wolf Nefarious who kept a watchful eye on the pair, all while slowing his powerful sprint to a regal walk. The sand and ash pelted male saw the slightly weary appearing yet pristine sterling before his brother, and seeing that the sibling wasn't at all being harmed nor threatened in any way, Saber kept his hackles relaxed.

As fluid as a viper, the brother of an Alpha waited a few yards behind Scimitar, seemingly relaxed, yet muscles coiled and sharp mind prepared, just in case he was ordered to rip this silver's throat clean from his body. There was no need to hide. He did not fear this brute.

This was the man who had impregnated the desert girl. This pacing and royal imppsing fool. This was who she fell for?
He didn't even respect Scimitar's position in this matter. Didn't posses the humility it took to speak to someone who cared for the girl he neglected somehow. He could have atleast attempted such.
And because of his decisions, the more he breathed, the less Saber respected this man.

Frozen glacial irises studied the father to be, his gaze just as cold as his heart toward disrespectful heathens.
Faoi bhun mo chiche beats croi de laochra fior
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran heard the howl and a deep anger came to the surface of his ever present temper. He had one, he just hid it well. Today though he wouldn't, for a man to chase away his pregnant wolfess, because that was what it was to Kieran he didn't know why she had left. But she must have had a reason and the male that inpregnated her was probably that reason and he would make sure the devil gave him his due, and send him straight to hell where there was a just punishment for him. No man had any right what so ever to treat a woman cruelly even if it wasn't meant, you were to respect them and treat them well and love them. Kieran growled softly and went at a run to stand behind his leader and he studied the male in front of him with green eyes full of anger unjustly so for he didn't know Paarthurnax or this shadow he just knew she was pregnant and had left the smarmy bastard that stood in front of him. And she had to have a reason and he would make sure he didn't press his luck. Or Kieran a widow he'd make.
dread the day when dreaming ends
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Since the meeting, Bazi had spent the majority of her time with Paarthurnax - but her mind did wander. After their first awkward attempts at reconnecting, she and Scimitar had not seen much of each other. She supposed he was busy running the pack and dealing with the imminent threat of a visit from the Bypass, but still. The man was not the sort to sweep a girl off her feet, and Bazi was getting desperate. What would it take? A sexy dance? She felt as though a wall of ice had risen between them, and nothing subtle seemed to work.

She was digging for rodents behind a tree when Scimitar came striding, and nearly stepped out to surprise him before she noticed the tension in his bearing and the length of his strides. Something important was about to happen.

Like her pack-mates, Bazi followed. Three were already at Scimitar's side by the time she spotted Shadow, standing tall but respectfully silent - a plus, in her book. It filled her with a dark brand of spiteful glee that they were the ones with the power in this situations. If she had anything to do with it, those little children would be Swiftcurrent wolves to the bone.

Bazi stepped in next to Nefarious, feeling oddly comfortable in the dark (relative) newcomer's presence since their humiliating introduction. She kept a cool face, looking between the two Alphas with interest but without any real tension in her heart. This was about children, not turf, and even she knew that it was a conversation best handled delicately.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star heard voices. Not in her head this time though. She had been nearby and she changed her course towards the site. Immediatley she saw a few wolves, including Bazi, Scimitar, and Kieran. And at the borders was Shadow. Star didn't truly know why he'd been kicked out, but it must of been a good reason. For that Star didn't trust him or like him, but she still respected him. She stood behind the crowd, her white face hard to see because of her shortness. All rivalries aside, politness came first, and so she acknowledged Shadow with a little dip of her head, before waiting to see what would happen.
24 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
It appeared that Kaede was one of the last to this little shindig. There were so many gathered that he almost turned tail and skirted the group, but as he rounded he noted one who did not belong among their number. The tension was palpable and so he paused, cocking his head to better hear the words being spoken. Here he would remain, in the background, listening and noting all that was passed. He could guess immediately who this wolf was and why he was here.

If anything this should prove an interesting encounter.
263 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
She was relaxing in the snowy meadow who's flowers were now dead and the grass no longer willowy when she sniffed out someone. Someone unpleasant. It was Shadow.

Falwasi got up to her feet in the blink of an eye, standing on her thin legs. Her lips curled back and she loped off into the direction of the Bypass leader who just couldn't seem to leave the Creek wolves alone. She knew this was to happen, she knew it the moment Paarthurnax stepped foot into their territory and was deemed member of the pack. It only took so much time for the brute to pluck up the courage to get her back.

The golden hued wolf arrived at the border, seemingly a bit later than the other Creek wolves who shared the same knowledge of Shadow. Slowing to a walk, she stopped in line with Scimitar's flank, prepared for anything if something were to happen. Falwasi didn't bother looking at the wolves around her, but she could smell them, and she felt the security of them radiating around her.

With her gaze fixed on Shadow, she dropped the urge to growl or snarl, but the distaste on her features was intense and Falwasi made sure he wouldn't miss it.
<i><div><span style="color:#9e0000;">A</span><span style="color:#980101;">u</span><span style="color:#920202;">t</span><span style="color:#8c0303;"> </span><span style="color:#870404;">V</span><span style="color:#810505;">i</span><span style="color:#7b0605;">n</span><span style="color:#750706;">c</span><span style="color:#6f0807;">e</span><span style="color:#690908;">r</span><span style="color:#630a09;">e</span><span style="color:#5d0b0a;"> </span><span style="color:#580b0b;">A</span><span style="color:#520c0c;">u</span><span style="color:#4c0d0d;">t</span><span style="color:#460e0e;"> </span><span style="color:#400f0f;">M</span><span style="color:#3a1010;">o</span><span style="color:#341110;">r</span><span style="color:#2e1211;">i</span></div><div></div><div><span style="color:#291312;">E</span><span style="color:#231413;">i</span><span style="color:#1d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#171615;">h</span><span style="color:#1d1615;">e</span><span style="color:#221515;">r</span><span style="color:#281514;"> </span><span style="color:#2d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#331514;">o</span><span style="color:#391414;"> </span><span style="color:#3e1413;">C</span><span style="color:#441413;">o</span><span style="color:#491413;">n</span><span style="color:#4f1313;">q</span><span style="color:#551313;">u</span><span style="color:#5a1312;">e</span><span style="color:#601312;">r</span><span style="color:#661212;"> </span><span style="color:#6b1212;">o</span><span style="color:#711212;">r</span><span style="color:#761211;"> </span><span style="color:#7c1111;">t</span><span style="color:#821111;">o</span><span style="color:#871111;"> </span><span style="color:#8d1110;">D</span><span style="color:#921010;">i</span><span style="color:#981010;">e</span></div></i>
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
<style type="text/css"> r3 {color: #87CEFA; font-size: 12px;} .r3box {background-color: #000000; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/9MixFRS.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; border: 1px solid #261615;} .r3text {margin: auto; width: 380px; color:#696969; text-indent: 15px; font-family: Augustus; line-height: 17px; font-size: 12.5px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 670px; margin-top: 20px;}</style>

A familiar scent touched his sensitive nose and stopped his legs from pacing, the Roman turned, silver eyes usually fierce and vibrant now emptied of light. Only his mask was kept in place, his posture was neutral, neither displaying dominance or submission. He exhaled softly and dipped his head respectfully towards the fellow Alpha, even if it was more of a robotic move. Mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted, there was no more bite to his tone, no more annoying sarcasm, no more of his formal arrogance. It was only his Roman teachings that kept his shoulders from slumping, from his whole figure crumbling to the ground. Her leaving had taken its toll on the male, but death's angel had to do something before he left. Perhaps for the last time. "Yes," he began, then stopped as other Creek wolves began to arrive. Did he need the entire pack to greet him? Was he that much of a threat to these wolves? The former Creek wolf recognized some of them, Kieran, Bazi, Star. Where was Galileo? He missed the older man, wished he was still his friend, he wanted advice, advice not given in riddles from the gods.

No words of arrogance or sarcasm or mischief came from the silver male's mouth, instead he returned the greeting from Star and dipped his head to Bazi and Kieran even if they refused to acknowledge it, at least he did his part in manners. "You know I'm here to talk about visiting. I doubt you'll let be into your lands at all, but you won't be as heartless as to forbid them from meeting their father?" his words were spoken quietly and felt as if they were dragged out, one by one, with no life left in them. Once Scimitar answered, he would ask if he could be at the birthing, even if it meant being escorted. After all, Shadow Angelus Mortis was the public enemy number 1 in the eyes of Swiftcurrent Creek. Would it have been different if Danica hadn't gotten kicked out? Perhaps he would be happily living in the Creek, serving the wolves and knowing he would have pups soon. How he wished he had taken that path, but then he wouldn't have friends like Flash and Crëyr.....but still..

Shadow lifted his head, not in a prideful arrogant manner, but a weary tired one, the red wounds on his face glowed in the light, flashing. Silver eyes sought out Scimitar's turquoise ones and met it steadily, though he dropped it a moment later, after all, the Roman was not here to challenge the man's rule over the Creek. If it wasn't for the kids and Paar, hell, he wouldn't be here at all, he would be at the Bypass, strengthening his wolves and his land for the cold winter to come. But now, the Roman realized what true exhaustion meant. His brain was literally melting down, his heart torn to pieces and stolen by the crimson princess, his body physically hurt from his own patron's eagles. Ah....did he really deserved to be punished so many times, in so many ways? A waste of resources for a single wolf.

"She is well?" Shadow asked them, Scimitar and Bazi for he knew Bazi used to be Paarthurnax's friend and probably still was. He remembered his crush on the white dove before and thought it foolish now, he had a good relationship, someone he truly loved, and he ruined it for himself, gods, he hated himself. The silver Roman's brain flashed back to two faces, one a tawny male with bright green eyes and the other, a gray welsh female with unusual dark blue eyes. But with him in this pitiful condition, Shadow truly doubted he was able to return to the Bypass, and he couldn't feel anything except for anger, frustration, grief, sadness, misery and all negatives emotions. This was not the life he thought he would have after he escaped Noctem Vagus, this was the life he was trying to escape, but the gods always pay their debts he thought bitterly.

Shadow's gaze remained only on those he knew within his life at Swiftcurrent Creek, he didn't bother truly looking at anyone else. He didn't know them, therefore they didn't matter, even if they hated him, he still knew them and missed some of them dearly. Funny, one only appreciated his past when he was dying, not fake dying, literally really dying. The angel of death was dying, slowly, everywhere.

1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
And so the cinnamon Frostfur waited – his eyes riveted upon the other’s, studying him only as much as he had to. Shadow was a closed book, though his trademark smirk seemed to have been slapped from his face the moment Paarthurnax had left his sorry ass. Scimitar was many things, but he did not believe in taunting – not like this, and so he said nothing. As far as he was concerned, this was simply business, until the silver male decided to try to make it something else.

Others flocked behind him. Blinking, the Alpha tensed as his muzzle swung only partially to his shoulder, catching view of so many Creek wolves who had come – was it to support him? Or their own curiosity? Either way, his gaze was quickly riveted back upon the matter at hand – their visitor, Shadow, before he had a chance to try and tear out Scimitar’s throat or something of the likes.

While the grey male might have tried to maintain a neutrality about his tone, his accusations were instead hidden in his words, and Scimitar could not withhold a sardonic snort. “Shadow,” he began, shifting his weight and directly staring to the eyes of his opponent. “You don’t get to come here and begin the manipulation of calling me heartless – everything that has happened to you, and is about to, is your doing,” he stated firmly, no malice in his tone, though it held a dry edge to it. “You’re insolence and attitude got you kicked out of this pack. You’ve been unwelcome at our borders the moment you stopped new Creek wolves to harass them – and you sure as hell sealed that deal when you couldn’t keep your Bypass fools from stomping in here and attacking my members.” His tone held the hitn of a growl towards the end, and he gave his muzzle a shake. “It has nothing to do with my actions – heartless or not – and everything to do with yours.

He paused, snorting once more as Shadow asked about Paar. How the hell did he think she was? The she-wolf lived to please others and possibly had the most gentle soul he knew.. she was caving from within. “As I’ve heard, you’ve already talked to her, so you already know how she is.” If Shadow wanted a middle man to hear about the well-being of his ex-mate.. it sure as hell wouldn’t be from one of her closest friends. “As I’ve told her – if she desires her children to know you, that is up to her – but those meetings will not happen within Swiftcurrent Creek lands. You’ve burnt those bridges all by yourself.”
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
[size=xx-large]Burn.[/size]

Bazi felt a surge of admiration for Scimitar's gallant handling of events. Granted, she had contributed to the mess he was now cleaning up.. right? Had it not been for her, Shadow would still be a member of the Creek. It wasn't as though he had murdered anyone, or broken the rules - technically speaking, his only crime had been to offer a grumpy Alpha his very unsolicited opinions at the worst possible moment.

But Bazi didn't feel bad about that. Shadow had the makings of an Alpha - perhaps even a good one, for those that could accept his particular brand of hierarchy. It wasn't her fault that Paarthurnax wasn't a fan of flagrant misogyny. No, she had not been wrong to boot him out. A wolf with aspirations to lead had no place in an established hierarchy, and she had simply done the natural thing by eliminating a threat - and those pups would not be short of role models.

Having effectively absolved herself of all guilt, Bazi's curious gaze wandered back to Shadow.

Doing nothing of importance in this post so I figured that posting order doesn't really matter?
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#000;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #000;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><b><FONT COLOR="#5a0b0b">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5a0c0c">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#590d0d">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#580f0e">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#56100f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#551110">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#541211">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#531311">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#521512">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#511613">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#501714">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4f1815"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#4d1a16">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4c1b17">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4b1c18">k</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4a1d19">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#491e1a"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#48201b">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#47211c">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#46221d">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#44231d">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#43241e">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#42261f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#412720">b</FONT><FONT COLOR="#402821">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3f2922">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3e2a23">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3c2c24">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3b2d25">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3a2e26"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#392f27">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#383128">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#373228">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#363329"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#35342a">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#33352b">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#32372c">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#31382d">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#30382d">d</FONT></i></b></span></p>
53 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
The silver male spoke after others had arrived, though the only presence Nefarious truly acknowledged was Bazi because of the pallid girl's closeness to him. Not that the shaman minded, nor was he complaining, but even so he found it mildly surprising though worked to hide this well. There were much more pressing things that demanded his attention, like the silver coated and scarred male standing before their borders no doubt here to ask to see his children. Nefarious' assumptions were proven correct when the Bypass leader spoke those words, asking Scimitar if he was heartless enough to forbid Shadow from seeing them. Nefarious half had the mind to inform the scarred Unwelcome that just because he sired them did not make him their father. Suluk was not his father by any biological means (not that Nefarious remembered his biological parents) but Suluk was his father without any means of doubt. Blood and seed did not define such a word; and just because it was Shadow's seed the created them did not mean that he had any right to them. Then again, Nefarious had a very different view on the matter of biological and adopted thing seeing as how he was (he assumed) an orphaned and then adopted child.

Yet this truly had nothing to do with him — he had no involvement with Paar beyond their acquaintanceship as pack mates, and he was not a leader, thus he kept his thoughts to himself, pleased when Scimitar retorted sharply. Nefarious' respect for his alpha raised immediately as his leader spoke to the Unwelcome. The shaman kept silent, watching for the Bypass leader's reaction, assuming that it was not likely to be a good one.

539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star, unlike some, had differing opinions. Although she didn't like Shadow. But he had never called Scimitar heartless, he'd said he'd be heartless to keep him away from his children, which was probably true. Star didn't know a parent's love- heck, she only knew of one love, family love, and that was for her sister alone. There was one wolf in the world she loved as a twin sister, and she might be dead- which was depressing. Star didn't see why they wouldn't just get it over with. Bring Paar to him, bring him to Paar- it didn't matter. She didn't think, however, that the pups should be raised in Noctisardor Bypass. If he had scared Paar off, than his children would be with her. That didn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to see them on neutral territory sometimes. Star had mixed thoughts about it, and many questions swam through her head. Can we trust Shadow about this? Will he use this to his advantage and take the kids? Will Paar go back to him? How will Shadow react to what Scimitar said? What am I having for dinner today? These and many more swirled around her. Mostly she was a little bored, but curious to see what would happen.
24 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Kaede felt similarly to Star, though he had no way of knowing it. From what he had heard, Shadow had committed no real hard offense personally against the Creek. Of there was a way to peacefully allow him to see his children, even if only once in a while, should they not at least consider it? The diplomat in him cried out to speak up and counter Scimitar's words, but as happened so often lately he held silent. He needed a stronger feel for Scimitar's character, a better knowledge of how he felt about what could be seen as insubordination in view of an outsider. Were this a meeting of only pack he would have few qualms.

His sympathies went to the father though. As one who loved his father well he could imagine the pain of being separated from your children like that. It could not be easy, and the family oriented pack he came from would have considered it a major breach of honor unless the father was a danger to the pups.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran stood at the ready, but he also studied Shadow with a bit of pity. He felt bad for him he did, but at the same time he had hurt the one female he had sworn to never hut. It wasn't fair exactly, but it was deserved. The male had left their fold because his ambition could not be kept silent. He had been thrust out, because he could not keep his tongue stayed, and it seemed that it would continue to be a problem for him. His ambition and his attitude.
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
Got permission from the others to skip, @Scimitar

The Roman listened silently, deciding to speak after the Creek wolf finished saying all he needed to say. He doubted he had enough energy to counter and interrupt him anyways. And to listen had always been his best skill, other than fighting and manipulating words and wolves. The words the agouti male opposite him spoke penetrated his fallen shields and straight into his heart, though they didn't have the same effect as Paarthurnax had on him. “You’re insolence and attitude got you kicked out of this pack. You’ve been unwelcome at our borders the moment you stopped new Creek wolves to harass them – and you sure as hell sealed that deal when you couldn’t keep your Bypass fools from stomping in here and attacking my members.” His Bypass wolves came to the Creek and attacked members of Swiftcurrent? What in the name of Jupiter? Who the fuck did that? Shadow had a firm rule, that the battles he started, the wars he created, he fought by himself, that no one else should interfere if he could help it. There would be hell to pay when he came back to the Bypass to whoever who did it. The Roman was a firm, strict and loving ruler, so when it came to things like this, he was firm and fair, he most certainly did not congratulate whoever who trampled on Creek grounds, it was his fight not theirs.

Shadow's figure noticeably slackened as the other wolf spoke, he'd expected it but it didn't mean he was ready to take it all at the sametime. He pulled himself together and looked up and felt there was no more use to use the mask he held in place since the few weeks before his birth in nymore. Why should he? This wasn't Rome? They weren't going to assassinate him or kill him just because he stood here. He was such a foolish little boy. What was he thinking? So the Roman looked up, raw emotions on his face, grief, sadness, desperation, regret, resentment at himself. But also thankfulness and hope. A sad smile graced his lips. "I have, haven't I? I've been such a foolish little boy, if only someone knocked some sense into me earlier."

There was a new kind of energy in him, a hopeful one, perhaps he might have a chance at a new life. Maybe this was what the gods above were trying to help him. "I wish I could turn back time and repair all my mistakes, I wished I saw Paar's despair sooner, I wish I never messed up her life by telling her to come with me. It would be better for all of us. I wish Danica was still here....I would fix so many things." he trailed off and shook his head, the same sad smile still on his lips. "But I can't, so I'll have to make do with what I have now." he took a deep breath and exhaled softly. "I did not know my wolves came to the Creek and attacked your members. I have told no one about what happened between the Creek wolves and I, they know nothing of the grudge I use to hold against this place. I do not know what drove whoever who did that to trespass and attack," - the Roman's lips drew back in a snarl at that, but it wasn't directed to the Creek wolves. "creek wolves. You can be assured that whoever who that was will be dealt with severely, I don't tolerate them running off, trespassing and attacking other pack wolves. I am sorry for my pack mate insolence and bad attitude, as well as my own." he bowed his head apologetically at the sametime. "Do you mind giving me a description of the intruder?"

Shadow did not expect anything from the Creek wolves, knowing he deserved the hate and disgust they felt towards him, or whatever they felt towards him. He just knew, he had to apologize, whether they accepted it or not. "I no longer wish to fight with the Creek." he glanced wistfully at the land he knew resided behind the wolves that stood in front of him. "It was the first home I loved and could reside without being afraid of being attacked by my own pack. My foolishness, stubbornness, pride and arrogance made me bitter. But someone finally knocked some well needed sense into my head, I wish for a truce between the Creek and the Bypass. I'll keep my wolves off your land, I won't bother the Creek anymore except if Paar lets me visit our kids. My wolves do not belong in my fight with you guys, and it seems I should be defeated this time." the Roman bowed.

The silver Roman looked Bazi and Scimitar in the eye, not a challenge but to let them know something. "Take care of Paarthurnax, please. She deserves so much better than me, a stupid arrogant little boy. The best thing I ever gave her were the kids, hopefully they'll make her happy." he sighed. "Take care of the pups, they were not involved and it wasn't their fault, or Paar's in that matter. Everything is mine. I know I could apologize a million times and still not deserve anyone's forgiveness. Teach them to be strong, honorable wolves, protect them. Do what I cannot." Sadness and acceptance drifted onto his features. "I know you already said I am not allowed on Creek lands, but maybe you could make an exception for the birthing? The naming....only this once, please. You and a bunch of others can escort me, I don't care, just please...." he begged.

263 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
[size=x-small]Let me know if I was meant to let Rachel post first; will delete and re-post after her if so :)[/size]

The chamois-shot girl stood silently but menacingly as Scimitar and Shadow conversed, her Alpha's words surprisingly more stinging than the silvered.

But what the Bypass wolf said shocked Falwasi. She continued to hold a strong exterior, but it faltered slightly as Shadow spoke, due to this utter disturbance. He was surrendering; he was trying to repent and he was begging and he was... anything but the absolute ass they all knew he was. Of course, Falwasi still thought of the man as an ass; she probably always would, but he did not sound like himself. He sounded like a father who wanted to see his children.

Then, Falwasi shifted her attention to Scimitar. She didn't know what he was going to say. After all, she knew how well Shadow could put on a show.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Last round?

Scimitar was a wolf of silence – his conversations were generally short and to the point, and anything meaningful was said in in short words. So, when the silver male went off on a rambled tangent – calling himself foolish, cursing the pack intruder, demanding to know a description, wishing someone had knocked sense in to him, despairing over Paarthurnax, crying about his life, etc, etc, it was everything it could take for the cinnamon wolf to not go completely cross-eyed. The share of information – as if they were friends was what truly threw the large beast off, and he gave a shake of his head, attempting to reel the wolf before him back to reality. “Stop Shadow – I don’t give a fuck about your revelations. If you want to know what member it was, go take a look at them – we left our mark on him, and we sure as hell don’t need you to try to fight our battles.”

There was a rumbling growl in his throat – though directed only at his frustration at having to deal with the fool before him. “There will be no truce between us – no alliances. You will not even be considered an enemy. As far as I’m concerned, your pack means nothing to us – not even enough to warrant a second thought. If your members try to step over my pack’s lines once more, I will send another message.” The grey wolf was far more moronic than Scimitar had ever considered if he thought the Frostfur would ever trust him enough to consider a truce.

“Whatever you and Paarthurnax decide for your kids future is between you both. You will not step paw on to these lands ever – and the only reason I will let you visit them for the birthing is because I think Paarthurnax will want you to see them. I will call for you when it happens, and you will be escorted in to the lands. If you so much as even look at Paar wrong and upset her, I’ll throw you out by your scruff.”

With what he needed to be said, he felt a tension in his shoulders – he wasn’t sure his members would be keen on the wolf on their lands – but it was also not forgotten that he had once considered Shadow somewhat of a comrade, and for that, he would not deny him the first glimpse of his children in to the world.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star felt pity for the grey man. He was having bad fortunes at this time. If Star was the alpha she would take the truce and tell him to leave. Her eyes narrowed as Scimitar reacted like he always did to everything. Telling Shadow he didn't care, etc. Furthermore, he didn't accept the truce. "Tall muscular silver...." She murmured quietly, not to Shadow but more to herself. She waited to see what would happen next.
24 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Although Kaede did not exactly agree that Shadows pack meant nothing to them... No rival could mean nothing... He was gratified to hear that the man would at least be allowed at the naming should the mother agree. If he was not allowed on their lands after, well, that was understandable. Scimitar's words were reasonable though they perhaps could have been better delivered. Ah well.

Kaede would remain to see Shadows reaction before leaving. He was curious as to how the terms would be taken.
263 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Scimitar really could not have put it better, and Falwasi really could not have agreed more. It was the fairest deal she had ever witnessed, and if the brute so much as hesitated on agreeing, he should be absolutely asinine. He could not dispute the border aspect of the deal — that was a general pack rule, and one of the most crucial ones. He could not dispute the Paarthurnax aspect of the deal — they were their children, not Scimitar's, and as much as Falwasi cautioned herself with the desert wolf being a member, Shadow could not even lay so much as an inappropriate glance towards her.

So she watched the robust male before her once again in a somewhat solemn yet blasé way. He had to accept the terms.
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
It was over. Bazi's lips curled into a cruel, simpering smile, but she averted her face before it could be seen by the Bypass Alpha. It was rather a pleasant thing to see him laid so low, begging openly for the smallest scrap of contact with his offspring. Shouldn't have treated Paarthurnax like a second-rate citizen, should you!

Pleased to see her best friend avenged, Bazi took her leave of the meeting - apart from working out the details of Shadow's one visit, should it take place, there was nothing more to see her. She brushed past Nefarious on her way out, offering the shaman the glimpse of a grin before trotting briskly back the way she had come.

Exit.
53 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
Nefarious did not know the reasons that Paarthurnax had left the male standing before him, and frankly didn't care much for the details. As far as the shaman was concerned she had left him, obviously for a good reason, and that was all that he needed to know to want to keep her safe from him, though the man's arrogance, and his accusations that Scimitar was heartless was not a welcoming sight to the shaman, who wanted to chase him from these lands and be done with it; however, such things were not his call to make, and so he did his duty and kept quiet, acting as a sentinel while he assessed the other male closely determining what would be a threat about the other man. Of course, now came the begging. The epiphany and the wish to have not done what he had done. It was pathetic and Nefarious' pumpkin orange eyes rolled in response. It was groveling, and nothing short of what a child would do because he wanted something and knew that bullying was not a way in which he would get it. Paarthurnax deserved better than the silver brute standing before him and those that had gathered to protect the borders, to aid Scimitar if anything bad had came out of it. Who first appeared to be arrogant and think he was going to bully his way in to see his sired children, and now stood supposedly having realized that he was being a giant ass so now turned to pleading and begging, of admitting that he'd done wrong. If it were Nefarious in Scimitar's place Nefarious would not have even let him be there for the birth or the naming. From everything Nefarious had ever heard about Shadow since his short time in the Creek it was obvious that he didn't deserve that particular olive branch; but Scimitar was a better man than Nefarious, it was obvious.

The shaman tried to be neutral but he could feel Sos' presence heavily now, though the giant black bear remained invisible to him.

Of course, Scimitar wasn't allowing Shadow in for Shadow himself but Paarthurnax, but only because he thought it was what she would want. It was a tall thing to assume for her, but more than likely Scimitar knew her well enough to be confident in that. Having nothing to say, electing to make his judgments and keep them to himself Nefarious was content, for now, with observing, where he would wait to make sure Shadow was going to leave before he prepared to nudge from his spot.

350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran stood firmly pity and contempt in his gaze. Though he felt bad for the wolf, from what he had heard it was only what he deserved. However, he kept his mouth shut. After all he did not know the whole story merely the creek's side. However, he also refused to move until the wolf Shadow departed, you never turned you back on an enemy, it just wasn't done.